Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
About Centerspace: Centerspace was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate support offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in six states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. Centerspace is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
The Talent Acquisition Manager leads the functional responsibility of the team, all programs and processes related to talent acquisition and managing a requisition portfolio for current and future needs. The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for talent acquisition, pre-employment processes, and sourcing strategies focused on creating a skilled and diverse workforce. This individual will facilitate recruitment and retention strategies that will attract “Top Talent” for all
roles at Centerspace. The Talent Acquisition Manager will exemplify Centerspace’s MV6: Mission, Vision & 6 Keys. This role will partner with leaders on talent acquisition and recruitment initiatives to advance our organizational effectiveness and create an inclusive environment. This role also plays a key role in the leadership of Talent & Culture overall.
Requires minimal supervision and is able to exercise judgment within established policies and procedures. Makes suggestions to improve and act upon existing processes. Able to prioritize and set deadlines. As a manager, this role is self-guided and provides guidance, prioritizes duties, and initiates/achieves deadlines for self and team to ensure they are effective, efficient and working at capacity. This role will also conduct performance reviews and work with individuals related to performance to maximize strengths and address opportunities, consistent with all roles with supervisory oversight. Highly motivated with a strong work ethic. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Centerspace leaders to provide consultative expertise in determining talent acquisition strategies and build successful relationships to achieve desired results.
• Develop and manage a network ofstrategic partnerships and relationships that support Centerspace’s goals.
• Ensures speed and accuracy of all Talent Acquisition processes and due diligence for job offers, including
• Responsible for overall performance and management of Centerspace’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
• Assess impact of current and forecasted needs across the system; especially high critical roles, and devise strategies to meet objectives.
• Owns the processes related to the Selection and Preboard of new team members.
• Partner with Marketing and outside agencies to develop company branded recruiting materials.
• Leads and participates in high quality, end to end selection process for all roles assigned.
• Reviews applications and resumes to determine qualified candidates, and screens and refers qualified candidates to hiring managers.
• Owns the creation and updating of interview guides for high-volume and support roles.
• Monitors and assesses impact of talent acquisition trends to ensure Centerspace implements and maintains best practices.
Provides leader training for recruitment and selection processes.
• Provides tools and training to all parties to enable them to effectively navigate the selection, pre-employment, and on-boarding process and comply with EEOC standards of conduct and best practices interviewing techniques.
• Promotes EEOC and affirmative action plan goals/ initiatives as identified by management.
• Ensures all items for on-boarding, including new hire checklists, are complete and documented appropriately, while looking for ways to improve the processes.
• Owns and partners with TA Partner to deliver, maintain, and update bi-weekly Onboarding webinar
• Ensures compliance with legal, regulatory, and internal policies through adherence to proper screening, interviewing, onboarding processes, and reporting criteria for all candidates.
• Develops and manages mutually beneficial strategic relationships with external staffing partners and community organizations.
• Utilize business communication and negotiation techniques forsalary/contract negotiation and candidate/vendor management.
• Special Projects
• Create function specific presentation materials for Department, Sr. Management, and Board meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Oversees and directs the daily activities of assigned staff. Hires, terminates, coaches, disciplines, and supervises assigned personnel. Monitors hours worked and approves all leave and timecards for assigned staff. Trains new staff on job duties, policies, and procedures. Recommends team members for participation in internal and/or external educational and training programs and maintains mandatory training and licensing records for staff.
• Prepares and actively manages annual budgets seeking opportunities to create efficiencies and maximize recruitment spend while leveraging external vendor partners to best meet the needs of the business.
• With direct budgetary responsibility, this role will analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to optimize resources while aggressively managing the department based on established goals and measurements.
• Approves invoices and credit card statements for TA team members.
Other Duties as Assigned
• As part of the T&C leadership team, attends leader and departmental meetings and leads initiatives as requested. Provides leadership input on a variety of T&C topics. Represents Talent Acquisition interests and drives improvements as needed.
• Provides routine and special reporting related to Talent Acquisition results and makes recommendations for change as needed.
Encouraged to belong to and/or serve on committees of local service clubs, charitable giving programs, merchant associations, Chamber of Commerce, or other business networking groups. Encouraged to participate in service projects, and to establish and maintain contacts within the community to promote Centerspace.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• 6+ years working in Talent Acquisition with experience in broad recruiting and business experience or equivalent Human Resources experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Direct management or project management experience.
• Ability to utilize and leverage core business and HR-specific resources, processes, technologies, and internal/external networks when solving business challenges.
• Knowledge of current recruiting and talent management industry best-practices as well as relevant labor regulations.
• Headcount planning, talent acquisition strategies, program design/management and employer branding
• A big picture, creative problem-solver with the ability to prioritize, create actionable plans, manage and deliver tangible outcomes.
• Strong leadership qualities and skills with the ability to inspire and motivate staff gaining buy-in, building trust and coaching.
• Success in building, leading, managing, and influencing relationships at all organizational levels.
• Competent with sourcing strategies/platforms, including recruiting tactics/tools, including use and administration of HRIS/applicant tracking systems.
• Knowledge and utilization of web-based, mobile, and social media platforms, search engine optimization for sourcing candidates.
• Experience with recruiting for exempt and non-exempt positions.
• Vendor management experience
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Mathematical Skill – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. To include preparation and management of annual budget.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills – Technologically proficient – must possess a solid understanding of the Internet, including search engines and browsers. Working knowledge with UKG (UltiPro) ATS. Strong degree of computer literacy in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Ability to learn quickly, understand,
and work in many different software applications.
• Master’s Degree or MBA in Business, Organizational Management or Human Resources.
• Corporate and/or agency recruiting experience and experience in utilization of external staffing partners.
• Real Estate/Construction industry experience desired.
• AIRS, CPC or other industry recognized certifications preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The team member is occasionally required to stand and walk. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet but can vary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas, present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and budget, manages project team activities and effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, gives full attention to what others are saying without interrupting, take time to understand what is being said, effectively expresses ideas and opinions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits work forspelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet different audiences, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
• Customer Service Orientation – When dealing with internal or external customers - Manages difficult or emotional situations, responds promptly to customer needs or requests, solicits customer feedback to improve service, follow through on requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
• Teamwork & Collaboration - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone's efforts to succeed, includes when appropriate and works effectively with all other departments to accomplish company goals.
• Respect & Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, educates others on the value of diversity, promotes a harassment-free environment, embraces differences and utilizes those differences to the company’s benefit, builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics & Integrity - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with honesty, integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values, maintains confidentiality.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, keeps emotions under control, focuses on resolving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments. Represents a professional image of Centerspace in conduct and adherence to dress code requirements.
• Organizational Support - Completes tasks correctly and on time, supports organization's goals and values, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality outcomes.
• Responsibility – Know and adhere to all federal, state, and/or local laws as well as company policies and procedures contained in the manuals, handbooks and training provided by Centerspace or as otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
• Resourcefulness – Understands how to get results, where to find answers to problems, consults a variety of resources in order to accomplish results, able to multi-task.
• Motivation & Enthusiasm - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, positively contribute to overall work environment.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment. manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers help when needed.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additional details regarding competencies and other duties are available upon request. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
“Centerspace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Centerspace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Centerspace are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Centerspace will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Centerspace encourages applicants of all ages.”
11 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for Centerspace rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits – 1st of Month Following Start Date
Centerspace Stock Purchase Plan
401k match up to 5%
To apply click Talent Acquisition Manager