Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Lathrop GPM, has an immediate opening for a Legal Talent Coordinator. This position is located in our Minneapolis, MN office.
Lathrop GPM is a full-service, Am Law 200 law firm with offices in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Overland Park, St. Cloud, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable hybrid working environment.
The Coordinator will primarily be responsible for supporting all aspects of the entry level associate attorney recruitment function including: providing support to the Director of Legal Recruiting, Legal Talent Manager and Attorney Recruiting Committee; assisting with and providing support for student recruiting; assisting with orientation for fall attorneys and summer associates; assisting in the coordination of summer associate training, summer associate performance evaluation and providing back up assistance to the Legal Talent Specialist as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides support for summer and associate recruitment and selection.
Summer Associate Hiring (1L and 2L) /On Campus Interviewing
- Works closely with Associate Recruiting Committee and assist with recruiting processes (both 1L and 2L)
- Assists with law school outreach initiatives, including local employer receptions, in-house programs and community events
- Aid in the engagement of, and relationship building with, law schools and student groups
- Works with Legal Talent Manager to ensure recruiting materials (including firm web site and law firm profile for law school recruiting websites) are updated
- Coordinates on-campus Interviews (OCI), including but not limited to, OCI registration, interviewer selection and scheduling, on-campus event planning, and communication with school teams
- Schedules all initial and extended interviews for summer associate candidates
- Oversees follow-up and tracking of callback candidates, including managing outreach and reporting on statuses
- Assists with law student travel expense reimbursement as necessary
- Prepares status reports of offers made after extended interviews
- Updates NALP form for review by Legal Talent Manager. Posts form with NALP according to NALP’s timing deadlines and ensures posting on appropriate lathropgpm.com recruiting pages.
- Prepares follow-up letters and tracks all applicant data
- Tracks candidate due diligence requirements (background checks, due diligence form, references)
- Schedules Summer Associate Program review discussions and end of the summer review meetings
- Creates and manages student profiles and applications in viRecruit
- Develops and runs reports, as needed
- Maintains recruiting firm materials
- Processes summer program and new hire expenditures
Summer Associate Program:
Coordinates the firm’s summer associate program in all offices.
Coordinates all aspects of the summer associate program as directed by the social coordinators and Legal Talent Manager, including:
- Pre-summer program on-boarding, planning, managing and attending events (including budget monitoring),
- Scheduling and overseeing summer orientation, and
- Liaising with practice groups to schedule and monitor summer associate professional development and training
- Oversees the day-to-day functions of the summer program
- Helps coordinate summer programming events and schedules lunches for summer associates with attorneys
- Sets up viDesktop workload / evaluation process
- Schedules evaluation discussion and review meetings
- Assists in the development of marketing materials, including content for website, social media sites, and other internal and external marketing and graphics
- Schedules all new hire orientation meetings
- Prepares welcome materials for new hires
- Creates arrival checklists
• Provides back-up support for Legal Talent Specialist including assisting with the scheduling of lateral candidate interviews and new attorney orientation schedules
• Supports Human Resources administrative functions on miscellaneous projects as necessary
• College degree and two plus years of relevant recruiting/human resources experience
• Strongly preferred: 1-2 years' experience working in a law firm or professional services environment
• Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to establish priorities and remain flexible
• Proactive, strategic thinker with acute attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• Team player
• Must be self-driven and able to work independently
• Must have superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks with competing tight deadlines
• Availability to work overtime if necessary
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from the HR Manager will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS
To apply click Legal Talent Coordinator