Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
For over 50 years, Banner Engineering has been at the forefront of industrial automation, and our products are relied on for solutions within factory automation, robotics, material handling & logistics, and emerging areas such as Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Banner’s advanced sensor technologies (optical, radar, laser, and ultrasonic), machine safety systems, condition monitoring products, and intelligent lighting solutions are used by Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders worldwide. Banner is a rapidly growing company that offers many personal development opportunities, an excellent benefits package, and a collaborative team of employees who are passionate about what they do.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will partner with managers and Corporate leaders to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of our business units and to deliver the best talent to the organization. This position will nurture relationships with prospective talent, vendors, and manage on-going manager relationships. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is also responsible for the execution of the recruitment process. This position offers flexibility with most work occurring during normal business hours and will be primarily in-office with some hybrid/remote flexibility.
What You Will Be Doing
- Sources top talent internally and externally
- Screens potential employees for attributes desirable to Banner, the business unit, and the position
- Utilizes proactive recruiting techniques and develops industry contacts to hire qualified and talented individuals
- Works closely with managers to clarify job expectations and requirements, discusses business operations, and develops recruiting strategies to fill current and future staffing needs
- Manages the recruiting process, including scheduling candidates, conducting phone and in-person interviews, performing reference checks, and creating and extending offers of employment
- Ensures that job expectations and requirements are clearly understood, and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria
- Follows up with respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of the recruitment process
- Mentors hiring managers on best practices and procedures for hiring/interviewing
- Conducts analysis of the current recruiting process, identifies the opportunities, and suggests and implements improvements.
- Accurately maintains data in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Partners with HRIS Analyst internally on measurement of key recruiting metrics.
- Leverages recruiting resources such as internet, applicant tracking system (ATS), professional organizations and community associations to identify, recruit and network for candidates.
- Conducts analysis of recruiting sources and researches and develops strategies to attract/find talent.
- Tracks and communicates start dates of new hires and works with other departments to ensure the new hire’s smooth transition into the company
- Conducts new hire orientations
- Maintains job descriptions by ensuring that all active employees have a current job description
- Attends career fairs as needed
- Actively participates in all staffing related activities
What You Bring to the Table
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- At least 2 years of experience recruiting for technical positions within engineering, software engineering, and information technology.
- Knowledge of employment regulations with the DOL, EEOC, and OFCCP
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Exercises independent judgment in developing solutions to complex recruiting challenges
- Knowledge of data mining and internet research
- Clear understanding of the recruitment lifecycle processes
- Experience using a recruiting system and HRIS
What to Expect at Work
The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to support individuals with disabilities.
- Sit for up to 8 hours per day
- Exposed to a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day
- Use a computer mouse, keyboard, computer, and other standard office equipment
- Required to talk or hear frequently
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those you may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Corporate office environment – indoor and climate-controlled
This job description reflects management’s assignment of key responsibilities; It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist