Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Minneapolis Public Schools
Under the general supervision, develops and leads a strategic recruitment plan that attracts and retains a diverse and high caliber of qualified employees. Design and employ strategies that have a singular concentration on recuritment and retention of diverse teachers/staff.
This position requires to work in- person in the office and at recruitment events. Office work is currently permitted while adhering to public health and safety best practices.
Bargaining Unit: MACA l Grade: 55 l Salary Range*: $62,234 - $77,722 per year l FLSA Status: Exempt
*The salary range for this position is provided by the listed bargaining unit’s collective bargaining agreement; actual pay will be based on selected candidates’ experience.
MPS Offers a Desirable Benefits Package!
Pension (Employee Contribution) with District Match
MN Deferred Compensation
Eleven (11) Paid Holidays in addition to Paid Time Off
EAP (Employee Assistance Program) access to free, confidential consultation with counselors in the areas of personal and work concerns
LegalSheild/IDShield access to legal advice
Wellness and Fitness Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
Flexible Spending Account Options
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads implementation of district-wide programs to increase staff retention; designs and executes program evaluation of retention strategy; establishes appropriate retention metrics.
- Develop and execute a long term plan and strategy to attract and retain high caliber qualified candidates for all MPS positions. The plan should include strategies that promote anticipation of current market trends, and their effects on talent acquisition and retention.
- Develop and implement a plan to effectively incorporate social networking into the overall recruitment strategy.
- Develop strategies to maximize recruitment results for diverse and bilingual candidates for both licensed and non-licensed positions.
- Work in collaboration with other key stakeholders to develop and implement a strategy for workforce and succession planning.
- Identify recruitment goals for the next three years and strategies that align with the accomplishment of these goals.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) for recruitment on a district and department/site level, measure performance and report on progress.
- Develop a tracking process to compile recruitment data, identify trends and make recommendations for revamping of systems and processes to ensure improved performance and results.
- Work in collaboration with department heads and hiring managers on strategic and tactical recruitment plans designed to meet their current and future needs. This includes conducting regular follow up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of an annual recruitment calendar that includes both licensed and non licensed positions.
- In collaboration with key district stakeholders, develop and implement robust pre-screening processes that are efficient, timely and result in a diverse and qualified pool of high caliber candidates who are readily available when vacancies occur.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of the designated candidate pools.
- Continually researches, identifies and evaluates new and innovative sourcing methods to attract the most talented candidates to the district.
- Develops and maintains extensive and effective networks with professional and community organizations to ensure a continuous flow of candidates.
- Develops and maintains a strong candidate pipeline for positions specified in the recruitment plan
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with diverse community groups promoting the Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) brand.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with departments of education and placement offices on university/college campuses promoting the MPS brand.
- Facilitates the development of marketing materials targeted to potential employees in a variety of fields of employment.
- Lead coordinator for recruiting activities and aggressively seeks new venues for community outreach and potential recruitment events and opportunities.
- Develops and implements a system to track leads obtained from recruiting events and other referral venues.
- Works in collaboration with internal partners to develop an intern program that can serve as a pipeline for designated positions within the organization.
- Coordinate and implement a college recruitment initiative in collaboration with internal and college partners to develop and sustain a teacher and principal pipeline.
- Develop linkages with local educational institutions providing appropriate coursework to assist bilingual staff in attaining highly qualified status.
- Collaborate with other district departments/groups to assure professional development opportunities to increase expertise for English Language Learners.
- Coordinate the ACTFL testing process for MPS staff.
- Lead recruiter for bilingual staff (licensed and non licensed).
- Demonstrates courteous and professional behavior when interacting with students, candidates, visitors, MPS staff, community members
- Operates in a manner that promotes a collaborative, harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Professional Development or related field AND 4 years of demonstrated professional search and selection experience that included the design and implementation of strategic recruitment plans; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
Bilingual Spanish, Somali, or Hmong preferred
- Organizational and functional responsibilities of HR Department.
- Principles and practices of human resources management in a public agency setting.
- Principles of confidential records and file management.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations and policies.
- Principles and practices of database development and management.
- Workforce planning and search/selection strategies.
- Techniques for dealing professionally and effectively with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Working independently, analyzing problems within general guidelines in a flexible and adaptable manner.
- Quickly evaluating and prioritizing tasks in a high volume staffing environment.
- Developing, tracking, analyzing and generating reports on recruitment, hiring, and diversity performance metrics.
- Maintaining accurate records and files.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Competent computer skills utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those individuals contacted in the course of duties.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Recruitment Coordinator - Talent Acquisition 1 and Requisition ID number: 98421
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Talent Acquisition (10000777)
Site: Davis Center (0001)
FTE: 1.0 FTE; 40 hours/week; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
To apply click Recruitment Coordinator