Recruiter and Onboarding Specialist
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Open Arms of Minnesota
Open Arms of Minnesota (OAM) is a nonprofit that prepares and delivers healthy, nutritious food to people living with life-threatening illnesses. Our mission: by providing food as medicine, we nourish our clients and build community. In our state-of-the-art kitchen, OAM staff members and more than 6,600 volunteers create meals specifically designed for our clients’ nutritional needs. We use fresh and, whenever possible, organic ingredients, including produce from our own Open Farms gardens. Volunteers deliver the meals throughout the Twin Cities metro area to approximately 3,000 clients, caregivers, and dependents annually, providing nourishment and hope for families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. There are no fees for any of Open Arms’ services. Open Arms is a volunteer-driven organization and is culturally unique in our high commitment to an excellent volunteer experience.
To learn more, visit www.openarmsmn.org
Open Date: March 7th, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
This full-time salaried position contributes to the fulfillment of Open Arms’ mission by providing support to the key functions of Human Resources Department such as recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, employee appreciation efforts and other administrative duties. Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, this role will support with other HR projects and processes for the Organization. This position will promote and advance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the organization.
It is key that the candidate will bring a high level energy and enthusiasm for Open Arms’ mission, purpose and values when speaking to candidates about open positions. The person in this role will need to have a good understanding of the operations and needs to best recommend candidates to hiring managers, with a focus on finding candidates with the necessary competencies and attitudes to thrive at Open Arms This person will need to be extremely organized, have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and have strong communication skills.
As with all Open Arms staff positions, this position is responsible for helping ensure volunteers and interns have an exemplary experience during all interactions with Open Arms and is expected to consistently maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients, and fellow team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Chief of Staff, implement the talent acquisition process:
- Drafting job postings for open positions
- Posting on appropriate platforms o Working with hiring manager to timely identify qualified applicants
- Manage the phone interview process and the communication with candidates and hiring managers by providing prompt updates
- Coordinate the scheduling of interviews with the hiring managers and other team members
- Identify opportunities to improve Talent Acquisition strategy
- Assist in diversifying the source of applicants through various methods including but not limited to website, job sites, advertising, use of external recruiters when applicable, social media, and networking opportunities.
- Provide a positive candidate experience by ensuring candidates receive timely, thoughtful, accurate and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process.
- In collaboration with Chief of Staff, continuously assess and recommend how the recruiting process can be improved to ensure the organization attracts the best talent.
- Support with drafting and sending job offers to candidates.
- In collaboration with other members of the HR Team, organize and support the Talent Acquisition and employee onboarding process and their successful integration to the organization.
- Provide HR-trainings to new hires.
- Support with the implementation of DEI initiatives.
- Assist with employee recognition and appreciation efforts/events.
- Support with special HR projects and other administrative/clerical duties as needed by Chief of Staff.
- Help ensure Open Arms provides an outstanding experience for all volunteers by regularly seeking out meaningful and positive interactions with them and maintaining a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of Recruiting, Talent Acquisition and/or other relevant HR experience.
- Experience in a non-profit or other mission driven organization preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license preferred.
- Understanding and observing discretion/confidentiality requirements.
- Strong customer service skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Persistence and diplomacy in working with hiring managers.
- Great organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
- Able to keep calm in demanding, busy situations.
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and enthusiasm, both individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-demand environment.
- Ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure setting.
- Extremely detail-oriented, well-developed organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Proficiency in standard office software programs (Office, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability and flexibility to work in two different sites.
- Ability to adhere to attendance and punctuality requirements.
- Ability and flexibility to work during hours of operations, including evenings and weekends.
- Sensitive and commitment to diversity and able to work respectfully with wide array of co-workers and members of the community.
- A passion for the mission and values of Open Arms.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to operate standard office equipment (such as telephone, computer, printer, and copy machine).
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to talk and hear, and to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to review and reply to documents and information on computer screen as well as to use a computer and variety of software programs.
Reports To: Chief of Staff
Location: Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
Compensation Range: $55,000 - $60,000 annually
Hours: Full Time
Benefits: This position is eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/life/ STD/LTD insurance, paid Holidays, personal time off (PTO), retirement plan with an employer match program. An employee-paid vision plan is also available.
Open Arms of Minnesota is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, disability, or socioeconomic status. We encourage all individuals with direct or transferable experience to apply for our open positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply click Recruiter and Onboarding Specialist