Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Talent Engagement Specialist position at our Central Office located in Saint Paul The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse and skilled pool of qualified talent for CommonBond Communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
Develops, implements, and facilitates best practices for all phases of the recruitment process.
- Works in consultation with hiring managers and HR Generalists to move promising candidates through the hiring process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with candidates over extended period of time to ensure skilled and diverse candidate pool and build pipelines for future opening.
- Collaborates with hiring managers and HR Generalists through each step of the hiring process, handling a high volume of requisitions:
- Develops understanding of the needs of the position; assists hiring manager in defining and validating key position requirements; drafts accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Develops and posts job bulletins using internal job board, external job boards, professional associations, and social media. Analyzes effectiveness of each.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates to advance.
- Works with hiring managers and HR Generalists to schedule interviews. Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with hiring managers, HRGs, and other stakeholders.
- Influences hiring decisions, ensuring fair selections are made on job-related criteria.
- Facilitates reference checks, background checks, pre-employment physicals, and other employment tests.
- Provides candidates with status updates and information about CommonBond; ensures positive candidate experience.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and HR Generalist during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other relevant details.
- Participates in New Employee Orientation.
- Performs training for hiring managers and others on our hiring process, unconscious bias in hiring, and other HR-related content.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies. Acts as hiring manager resource for the hiring process and legal/best practices
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in job fairs in order to develop relationships with candidates, professional associations, and industry colleagues.
- Makes recommendations for selection of advertising partners annually; manages the details of the contract with vendors.
- Stays current with industry developments. Recommends new approaches, policies, and processes to ensure continual improvements efficiency and service.
- Assists in determination and evaluation of metrics, reports, decisions, and deliverables of the HR department in relation to established goals.
Functions as Affirmative Action Representative
- Prepares and provides statistical workforce information in order to comply with city, state, and federal affirmative action obligations.
- Develops process to ensure that AA “good faith” efforts are documented.
- Ensures applicant data is collected and stored according to procedures and obligations.
- Facilitates communication and training relevant to our Affirmative Action plans.
Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of the HRIS software to maximize the efficiency of recruiting and effectiveness of data
- Produces reports from HRIS database and performs statistical analysis of available data.
- Recommends and completes practices within the human resource information system to maximize functionality with regard to applicant processing and reporting for OFCCP and regulatory compliance, including dispositioning of candidates.
Completes other projects as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/Industrial Relations, Business or other related field; or a combination of education and experience
- Two or more years of recruitment or talent acquisition experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of affirmative action, employment law, diversity recruiting strategies, and interview techniques.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office and proficiency with HRIS/applicant tracking systems, UltiPro preferred
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects to conclusion
- Ability to complete statistical analysis
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to type data into a computer
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Ability to complete filing
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist, Contract