Full Time Minnesota Recruiter
phData is an award-winning data services company with an exclusive focus on machine learning and data analytics. Our services and software are used by the world's largest companies to solve their hardest problems.
We enjoy the work we do and it's reflected in high-quality solutions that provide value to our clients and our communities.
Joining the team at phData means giving yourself the opportunity to do your most exciting work. While we're growing extremely fast, we maintain an entrepreneurial workplace which celebrates learning, teamwork and diversity. We hire top performers and give you the autonomy to deliver results.
At phData, people are our greatest asset.
We're looking for a talented VP of People Operations to bring thought leadership, creative insights, and strategic perspective to designing, implementing, and continuously improving People initiatives worldwide. You'll lead our ongoing effort to develop a thriving, remote-first work culture with employees across the U.S., India, and future locations. Your leadership style inspires, models, and fosters a culture that assumes positive intent, openly embraces curiosity, shows humility, takes ownership, expects performance excellence, promotes collaboration, and has fun.
Technology Honors, Awards & Perks include:
- Enjoy our Remote-First Workplace and award-winning culture
- Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing US Companies (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Snowflake Partner of the Year (2020, 2021 & 2022)
- Competitive comp, generous vacation, excellent benefits (health/dental/vision), matching 401k, and professional development allowance
The Vice President of People Operations will oversee and provide strategic leadership for connecting individual employee performance with company goals; employee engagement and recognition; performance management; benefits and total rewards; diversity, equity, and inclusion; organizational design and development; and culture and employee development.
Reporting to the President & COO, the Vice President of People Operations will coach, collaborate with, and lead the existing People Ops team and strategically partner with leaders across the organization to support the increasingly complex and evolving organizational needs and priorities as our rapid growth continues.
Who You Are:
- You love connecting with and meeting new people! You are empathetic, humble, full of integrity, a great listener, open-minded, and decisive.
- You are driven to grow the business, realizing that the business and financial success of phData is vital to enabling growth and a corresponding positive, inclusive culture.
- You have a track record of successfully leading and scaling People Operations teams and organizations in high-growth environments. You are strategic and intentional in deciding when to be hands-on and when to delegate.
- You are comfortable operating in and leading a work environment with rapid change. You are accustomed to pivoting when organizational needs or priorities change, and you can take on unanticipated new initiatives with ease.
- You understand the nuances of diversity, equity, and inclusion work, and have leveraged these nuances to develop inclusive programs or policies in past roles.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record with organizations known for best practices in People Operations programs, and have experience, including:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in HR/People Ops with expert knowledge of human resources strategies, processes, policies, and laws.
- 5+ years of human resource management experience overseeing people and processes at high-growth, global organizations.
- Scaling a global company from 400+ employees.
- A strong track record of delivering results across all People Ops disciplines, including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, employee relations, immigration, performance management, reward & recognition, compliance, and diversity initiatives.
- Ability to lead change management.
- Driving initiatives related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Using HRIS/ payroll, onboarding, and project management platforms (we use Paycom, Enboarder, and Asana, respectively).
You differentiate yourself as an empathetic problem-solver and leader who is great at listening, asking questions, and being curious about all sides of any given situation with the following qualities and characteristics:
- Take ownership of individual and departmental responsibilities with a high degree of accountability.
- Build trust through a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
- Be growth-minded and excel at supporting the development of all employees in alignment with strategic business goals.
- Have an aptitude for coaching, mentoring, and building rapport across teams.
- Remain calm under pressure and exhibit confidence in tense situations.
- Have strong, large audience presentation and communication skills.
- Be able to explain both the “what” and the “why” when rolling out new programs, policies, and decisions.
- Possess strong feedback skills and be willing to have difficult and uncomfortable conversations. Confront difficult issues with clarity, empathy, and resolve.
- Have a bias for action and be comfortable making quick decisions in response to changing conditions, but use discretion and sound judgment to pursue other opinions as needed.
- Be confident in leading an existing and high-performing People Ops team.
- Have experience working at a services company.
- Proactively develop key objectives and results for the Global People Ops team that align with company goals.
- Bring thought leadership, creative insights, and strategic perspective to designing, implementing, and continuously improving People initiatives worldwide.
- Lead our ongoing effort to develop a thriving, remote-first work culture with employees across the U.S., India, and future locations.
- Inspire, model, and foster a culture that assumes positive intent, openly embraces curiosity, shows humility, takes ownership, expects performance excellence, promotes
- Lead with best practices and proven methodologies for process improvement, scalability, and automation to support long-term growth objectives.
- Forge strong connections, maintain open lines of communication, and gain trust with employees at all levels.
- Be an ambassador of company core values and drive initiatives to constantly build upon and improve culture and engagement.
- Manage overall global performance management cycles, including promotions, performance reviews, goal setting (OKRs), and developing career paths across all areas of the company.
- Coach, advise, and train managers on their leadership effectiveness and how to employ various techniques, including conflict resolution, team building, professional development, role & responsibility clarity, and performance management.
- Champion and develop phData’s DEI initiatives; promote awareness, and ensure a safe and equitable work environment that fosters inclusivity and allyship.
- Utilize a data-driven mindset to identify key People Operations metrics that drive insights and inform decision-making to support long-term growth objectives.
- Respond to and own resolution of all employee-related incidents, consulting with leaders, managers, and employees.
- Actively participate in our senior leadership team meetings.
- Partner with our Global Talent Acquisition leader to provide a world-class experience for new hires as they transition from recruiting to onboarding.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws, and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to personnel.
To apply click VP of People Operations