Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Design Ready Controls
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist I
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: $60,000 - $75,000 DOE | Hourly
Schedule: Monday through Friday, Core Business Hours
At Design Ready Controls, the Talent Acquisition Specialist I assists the Human Resources team in coordinating organization-wide efforts to source, recruit and hire qualified candidates. The role uses data analytics to maximize our talent pool, develop candidate pipelines, and report on metrics such as turnover, position time-to-fill, and offer-to-hire conversion rates. The Talent Acquisition Specialist I will help drive engagement and promote brand awareness across all 5 locations. The role also will conduct full life cycle recruitment specifically for our Brooklyn Park and Albert Lea locations.
- Monitor changes on the Operations staffing Smartsheets on a weekly basis, including identifying plans for backfilling roles and partnering with Operations to submit new position requisitions
- Post approved job requisitions on our internal job board and advertise on public job boards, such as Indeed.
- Recruit full-time, part-time, temporary, contractual and intern personnel for Albert Lea, and assist the Human Resources team in Brooklyn Park (post, source, and prescreen).
- Partner with Operations and HR to coordinate candidate interviews, create offer letters, and complete onboarding paperwork across all locations.
- Work closely with the Director of HR and Marketing department on recruiting strategy, including coordinating and attending job fairs, onsite hiring events, onsite tours, and other community engagement activities across all locations.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data using our payroll system (Paycor) to inform targeted recruiting, retention and employee development programs.
- Partner with the Human Resources Management to define metrics in the hiring process and to hold ourselves accountable in minimizing overall time-to-start.
- Assist Human Resources Management with the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including maintaining current job descriptions, standards of performance, and performance evaluation tools.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, inclusion and belonging that is in line with the company’s culture and strategic plans.
- Conduct new hire orientations at our Albert Lea facility and on occasion, at our Brooklyn Park location (“Plant 8”).
- Act as the dedicated Human Resources Representative for the Albert Lea employees, including some employee relations and general HR administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2-4+ years of experience working in Recruiting, Staffing, Talent Management, Human Resources or related field required. Entry level candidates may be considered with higher education or degree in Human Resources, or a recent/relevant internship.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting across multiple areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt and exempt roles required.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to represent Design Ready Controls at community events, job fairs, over the radio, and other public events.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with OSHA standards preferred.
- Must possess a general understanding of employment law, including compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced ability to multi-task, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and the ability to collaborate well with others
- Personal integrity, a drive to learn, a teamwork mentality, and being safety-focused will set you up for success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP or relevant Human Resources certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10-25+ at a time on occasion.
- There will be a minimum requirement to work at our Albert Lea, MN facility at least 2-4 times per month to assist with new hire orientations, hiring events, or brand awareness events.
- The schedule can be flexible, while prioritizing work during core business hours, Monday through Friday.
- The role will start fully in-office, primarily at our Brooklyn Park headquarters, 5 days per week, for the first 30 day of employment. There may be exceptions to work from our Albert Lea, MN facility during this time period. Following the first 30 days, the role may transition to hybrid with the minimum expectation of 3 in-office days per week (between Brooklyn Park or Albert Lea).
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. The position will also assume any other additional responsibilities as assigned by the manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Design Ready Controls is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist I