Full Time Minnesota Recruiter
At Ames Construction, we’ve built America for 60 years, and the exceptional people who make up our team are a vital factor in our success. We are a full-service, heavy civil and industrial general contractor that brings innovative solutions to many market segments, from highway and bridge construction to mining, renewables, and rail. Ames is a family-owned company that retains its entrepreneurial spirit and foundational values of honesty, integrity, perseverance and opportunity, while offering the experience and stability of a proven construction industry leader. Together, we make communities across the U.S. safer, keep supply chains moving, and lay the groundwork for a sustainable future. By joining Ames, you will be working with talented colleagues at an award-winning, nationally recognized top 75 general contractor.
The Human Resources Manager - Talent Acquisition will develop and execute a professional and management level recruiting strategy to acquire top talent for Ames Construction. This position will be an integral member of the applicant tracking system project team and support the launch of employment branding initiatives and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key contributor to the Workday applicant tracking system (ATS) design, development and implementation project team.
- Assist with the development and execution of talent attraction and employment branding strategies, including the creation of the company careers website.
- Develop, implement, and manage a recruitment strategy and process to identify and hire top talent using varied recruiting avenues to expand the candidate pipeline.
- Develop compelling, engaging and inclusive job postings and advertisements.
- Partner with the HR Compliance Manager to implement EEO and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) hiring strategies and execute on hiring initiatives.
- Identify areas for process improvement that result in a streamlined hiring process.
- Serve as the applicant tracking system (ATS) administrator and oversee job posts, candidate management, and reporting, as well as train new users and find resolution to any system issues.
- Implement measures to ensure consistent and proactive communication throughout the recruitment process in effort to create a positive candidate experience and keep hiring managers informed.
- Assist with the college career fair campaigns as needed and coordinate campus recruiting efforts between regions.
- Establish and oversee the high school craft careers outreach program.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Five or more years of full life cycle recruiting experience including three years of industry experience in Construction, Engineering or Architecture preferred
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to establish positive and professional rapport quickly with candidates, hiring managers, peers, and HR team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize creative sourcing strategies
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local employment laws
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong time management, organization, and multi-tasking abilities
- Experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and proficient with MS office
- This position is located in the Corporate office in Burnsville, MN.
- Office Environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply click HR Manager - Talent Acquisition