Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
State of Minnesota
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 12/02/2022
- Closing Date: 12/19/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Confidential
- Division/Unit: Operations / Human Resources
- Work Shift: Day Shift
- Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Human Resources Specialist 2Salary Range: $25.25 - $37.02 / hourly; $52,722 - $77,297 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist you will be responsible for providing full-cycle recruiting and staffing services to various Department of Human Services (DHS) central office business lines. Working collaboratively as part of the talent acquisition team, this position will execute day-to-day recruitment activities including partnering with hiring managers to understand their particular business needs, creating strategic recruitment plans, driving talent pipeline development, and providing consistent updates on recruitment progress.
- Develop relationships and coach hiring managers and business leaders to develop best practices for recruiting, selecting, onboarding, and retaining human capital and to identify and meet their immediate and long-term workforce needs
- Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against job related criteria
- Develop minimum and preferred qualifications for vacant positions
- Provide compensation guidance pre-offer to hiring manager and conduct compensation analysis and research
- Provide consultation to managers and supervisors regarding alternative selection mechanisms based on collective bargaining agreements and HR procedures, rules, and statutes.
- Work closely with classification, recruitment, labor relations, and transactions to understand and support the Human Resources process.
2 years of professional recruitment and management consultation experience. Experience must demonstrate:
- Developing job descriptions
- Posting jobs on various websites
- Sourcing candidates
- Reviewing resumes and selecting top talent
- Ability to provide consultation and guidance to management staff with respect to recruitment initiatives
- Public presentation skills sufficient to speak in front of groups or in a virtual setting
- Knowledge of hiring processes and the ability to understand the application of technology to the recruitment and selection processes.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures
- Experience with sufficient to research to analyze, and assess current and ongoing recruitment and retention efforts
- Strong business acumen, analytical, and planning skills
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience and proven success in a high volume recruiting environment such as staffing or third party contract staffing.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected]. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Daniel Thorp at [email protected].
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Daniel Thorp at [email protected].
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or [email protected] for assistance.
About Human Services Dept
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist