Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Principal DEI Talent Scout will serve as an organizational Subject Matter Expert, taking a candidate-centric approach and serving as a talent advisor and career coach to those who come through DEI internal/external sourcing efforts, programming, and strategic partnerships. This role is focused on relationships, belonging and growth for our entire diverse workforce.
As a key member of the Diversity Talent Acquisition team, this individual will execute on DEI specific mobility and development strategies, including influencing talent scouting strategy and processes and educating, influencing, and informing on inclusive interview practices that are free from bias. This individual will be responsible for diversity talent scouting efforts to build proactive talent succession and bench and assemble new teams for critical talent roles in the areas of Technology & Data, Clinical, General Management, Sales, Finance & Accounting, etc. This role is a critical partner in developing a diverse workforce globally and building partnerships based on trust and mutual value and will play a pivotal role in strengthening the foundation and framework of proactive internal and external diversity talent pipelining and relationship management processes.
You’ll be a part of a collaborative team where everyone is encouraged to bring their ideas, beliefs, backgrounds, talents, capabilities, and lifestyles to work.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify high potential diverse candidates, by utilizing all available talent sources (sourcing platforms, professional associations, conference programs, diversity events, attendee lists, social media, and networking for referrals)
- Develop and implement a strategic DEI talent scouting plan that supports the needs of the business, including creating and executing an optimal go-to-market pipelining strategy to identify and attract diverse talent
- Work in tight alignment and ensure close strategic collaboration with the Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office, People Team, Talent Management, and Talent Acquisition to ensure an aligned approach to the DEI talent scouting strategy
- Develop effective internal and external talent benches and pipelines for succession plans to support top level leaders, their leadership teams, and difficult-to-fill roles via these core accountabilities to meet business demand and future growth
- Provide professional level of internal and external talent mappings, competitive intelligence, and business insights for internal business benchmarking and to be utilized as a starting point for talent pipeline relationship management activities
- Activate talent sponsorship activities for the Black / African American, Latinx / Hispanic, Asian, and/or LGBTQ+ communities
- Leverage a candidate-centric approach, delivering a white glove experience to employees coming through our programs and partnerships, understanding what they are seeking to do and help navigate them through the organization to get into the appropriate pipelines
- Partner closely with DEI Relationship Managers to implement customized diversity recruitment strategies based on business demand, partnership events, and other DEI talent strategies.
- Drive the talent pipeline relationship management responsibility by engaging passive diverse talent and assessing their availability, credibility and suitability for current or future positions at UnitedHealth Group
- Refine diverse talent pools and leverage continuous candidate engagement opportunities, establishing great candidate relationships to focus on candidate long-term career objectives in addition to short-term job opportunities
- Leverage opportunities with internal and external diverse candidates to prompt career conversations and coaching, facilitate information exchange to address and identify candidate career aspirations
- Educate, influence, and consult with Recruiters, Sourcers, and Hiring Managers on sourcing strategies and channels to increase diverse candidate pools
- Collaborate with the team of DEI Talent Scouts, which will include working to support each other on various initiatives and campaigns across the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of talent acquisition experience, in a corporate and/or agency environment
- 3+ years of diversity, equity, and inclusion talent acquisition and/or sourcing experience, including 2+ years of experience working with the Black / African American, Latinx / Hispanic, Asian, and/or LGBTQ+ communities
- Experience with talent sourcing and building talent pipelines for a wide range of positions, from individual contributor to Director and/or VP levels
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in using sourcing tools/platforms and an ATS and/or CRM to track candidate progress through the recruitment process and manage pipelines within candidate database
- Demonstrated sourcing and talent mapping skills using various Boolean strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Demonstrated experience in executing diversity talent acquisition strategies
- Experience as an external headhunter in an agency
- Expertise in talent acquisition, using data insights to inform strategy, analytics and building campaigns / events that drive the talent pipeline to point of hire
- Experience leveraging competitive and market intelligence for sourcing and recruitment
- Experience in problem solving in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous, complex environment
- Proven successful educating, consulting, influencing and interpersonal agility competencies demonstrated across various types of stakeholders
- Experience working within matrix teams across different time zones and geographies
Careers with UnitedHealth Group. Discover rewarding opportunities as we help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. Join a team of people who are talented, compassionate and driven. We will support you with the global outreach, resources and inclusive culture we’re proud to foster as a Fortune 5 company. We encourage you to grow as we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply click Principal DEI Talent Scout (Remote)