Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
City of Minneapolis
Are you looking to make a difference? Would you like to come to work every day knowing that you're part of a team that is working to facilitate positive culture change, streamline processes and procedure, positively advocate for staff and re-build and re-brand the City? The Recruiter is a key member of the Human Resources Department that partners with City departments and HR teams to provide centralized recruitment services to align with the City and department goals and maintain a portfolio of available services.
Work Location – This position may be eligible for flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work with some days working remotely and some days working on-site at locations.
Minneapolis has faced many challenges over the past few years and is looking for employees who are committed to positive change. As the largest and most vibrant city in the state, Minneapolis depends on purposeful, dedicated and innovative employees. Minneapolis has a large variety of careers for people of all experiences and backgrounds who come together for a singular purpose--serving the residents, business and visitors of Minneapolis.
- Develop a comprehensive and strategic enterprise recruitment plan that positions the City as an employer of choice.
- Develop and lead targeted recruitment strategies utilizing a variety of sourcing strategies to attract qualified diverse applicants.
- Incorporate equity concepts, strategies, and tactics into recruitment initiatives.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders externally and internally to promote the City’s employer brand.
- Partner with HR staff and hiring managers to promote vacant positions and source candidates.
- Manage social media platforms and develop content for social media and other online and print resources.
- Maintain all recruitment and marketing materials.
- Maintain an internal recruitment SharePoint site.
- Create and maintain recruitment data analytics to regularly report on metrics and measures of success.
- Serve as a back-up for full-cycle recruiting and administration of hiring processes.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Psychology, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field.
Two years of experience leading the execution of recruitment strategies aligned with business objectives for targeted, hard-to-fill positions. Professional experience must include the use of social media platforms as a communications and marketing channel for targeted recruiting purposes.
An equivalent combination of education and highly related recruitment experience may be considered.
- High School Diploma plus six years of experience, or
- Associate's Degree plus four years of experience, or
- Master's Degree or higher plus one year of experience.
Experience in public sector/government
PHR, SPHR or comparable HR certification
You are strongly encouraged to upload a current resume to your application.
The selection process will consist of one or more of the following steps: a rating of relevant education and experience and/or an oral examination (100%). It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. This information will be used to determine which candidates will proceed in the selection process. A submitted application is also used to verify the answers to any supplemental questions. Only those candidates who attain a passing score (70%) on each step in the selection process will be placed on the eligible list. The City of Minneapolis Human Resources Department reserves the right to limit the number in any phase of the selection process.
The City has determined that a criminal background check and/or qualifications check may be necessary for certain positions with this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be further considered for the position.
Eligible List Statement
The names of applicants who meet minimum qualification and who pass the screening process shall be placed on the eligible list for employment consideration. This list will be certified to the hiring manager who may use the list to fill a vacancy of the same job title. This eligible list will expire 3 months after it has been established.
The hiring authority reserves the right to determine the maximum number of candidates to interview from the established eligible list. If the hiring authority decides to interview other than by exam score order, they may select additional people to interview based on a candidate’s education or experience related to the field, work history, or skills uniquely related to the operational needs of the position.
This is position is not represented by a collective bargaining unit.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including, but not limited to, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, interpersonal communication, classification, conflict resolution, Federal and State respective employment laws.
- Good perspective of client's business and operation needs: understanding of department business functions, including an effective level of business literacy about each department's financial position, its strategic plans, and its culture.
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and programs.
- Effective and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent consulting, interpersonal, collaboration, analytical, creative, negotiations skills, ability to build strong relationships and influence without authority.
- Strong multi-cultural skills and ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of modern office software including the ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable laws, principles and best practices pertaining to employment, affirmative action, and effective recruitment strategies and methodologies.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national labor market trends.
- Experience using social media and community outreach to identify and proactively source diverse candidates.
- Knowledge and understating of legal, reputational and perceptional risks and best practices in using social media tools for employment / brand marketing.
- Ability to understand the needs of all departments and successfully recruit for the appropriate talent in the broader labor market.
- Familiarity with website maintenance and HTML code.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Self-direction and motivational skills, ability to use a considerable amount of independent judgment around workload.
- Good time management skills, ability to multi-task and deal with competing priorities.
- Forward thinking and creative with solutions.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to groups of people.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration and adaptability is important.
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid work environment where some key team members and partners are in different locations and/or work remotely.
Salary: $72,531.68 - $84,864.00 Annually
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Human Resources
Job Number: 2022-00772
Closing: 12/14/2022 11:59 PM Central
To apply click HR Recruiter