Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Summit Companies is a premier firm in the Fire Protection and Fire Life Safety industry made up of 4 subsidiaries with offices throughout the United States. We are currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our corporate HR team, with focus on supporting the Mid-West region recruitment needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining a pipeline of applicants for various skilled and unskilled labor positions throughout the company across multiple states. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will work closely with each location’s management team to develop workforce needs and to provide potential candidates while ensuring compliance with local and federal regulations with regard to employment practices. This position works in direct supervision of the Talent Manager and is a member of the SFP Holdings, Inc.'s corporate HR Team.
Associate’s and/or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or similar; required.
- Two or more years of experience recruiting passive and active candidates in a human resources or staffing agency environment is required.
- Two or more years of experience recruiting for skilled trades positions highly preferred.
- Critical evaluation skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a high-volume environment required.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- 2 years ADP or iCIMS experience preferred
- Fire protection industry knowledge is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and execute recruitment strategies focused on skilled trades recruitment.
- Maintains job posting systems in coordination with manager including:
- Initial posting of job openings, post review of management
- Review of candidates
- Distribution of candidates, as assigned
- Coordination of interview schedules between interviewer and interviewee
- Recruit and source passive and active candidates through social media marketing, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, phone, and monitoring job posting pipelines.
- Build a diverse and multi-skilled talent pipeline to support growth and sustain field operations.
- Utilizing Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) to support recruitment and database maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with managers and candidates at all stages of the process, inclusive of facilitating employment offers, yielding acceptances.
- Posting system includes internal and external databases, Monday.com, Team Engine, Indeed, LinkedIn, Zip Recruiter, and other as agreed.
- Ensure timely interviewing practices are being achieved; attend and take part in interviews as necessary and requested.
- Follow Talent Acquisition processes, set forth by the manager. Recommend or suggest improvements to processes for organizational and departmental success.
- Aid in general organization, execution, and communication of the pre-employment procedures.
- Represent organization at approved career fairs and job fairs as required.
- Keep apprised and updated on local, state, and national rules, rules and regulations surrounding talent acquisition, recruitment, and in general labor laws.
- Track and monitor state licensing requirements for Technician or other recruitment postings and interviewing practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned related to the purpose of the position.
Success Factors / Job Competencies
Awareness and adherence of confidentiality requirements
Strong attention to detail
Ability to follow instructions and processes as requested by manager
Efficient time management skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Lengthy desk time of up to a full shift
Minimal lifting and pushing up to 50 lbs.
Continual use of a computer and computer screens up to a full shift
Regular bending, lifting, and twisting
Up to 30% travel
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation packages
Medical, Dental and Vision ala carte insurance options
Flexible Spending Account options
Supplemental insurance options
401k with Employer Match (based on eligibility)
Paid Time Off
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist