Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Under the direction of the Talent Acquisition Supervisor this role will assist in developing and implementing the talent acquisition strategy for the County in support of the Talent Attraction, Retention and Promotion (TARP) strategic priority. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will often be the first point of contact for potential candidates and create a positive applicant experience from the first touch point to the offer letter. Responsibilities include building and promoting Ramsey County’s employer brand, conducting outreach and networking to build diverse talent pools, developing recruitment strategies based on best practices, market research, and analysis of Ramsey County workforce needs. This position will work in strong partnership with hiring managers, human resources business partners, public pathways, and exams specialists to prepare job postings, develop sourcing strategies and continually analyze the recruitment process to suggest changes and improvements to realize talent needs.
This position is identified under the designation of ‘flex work eligible’, meaning that the employee can formally opt to be in-office full-time or work a flex schedule in which at least two days per week are performed in the office and other days can be performed in a remote-first environment. Regardless of selection, the position carries expectations regarding on-site responsibilities and will require schedule flexibility beyond the minimum expectations set forth in the county’s flexible workplace policy. To view Ramsey County’s Flexible Workplace policy, go to Flexible Workplace policy (Download PDF reader).
All job offers are conditioned on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized for emergency use or FDA-approved. You will be required to show proof of vaccination on or before your first day of employment and complete a form certifying that you are vaccinated. Religious and medical exemptions or reasonable accommodations will be considered upon request as required by applicable law.
If an internal candidate is selected, salary will be set in accordance with the personnel rules (i.e., promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction).
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this position, go to: Job Descriptions. Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list or search for a job description.
- Design and administer recruitment plans and job announcements in the applicant tracking system (ATS), review application materials for suitability of candidates based on qualifications, and work closely with exam specialists to create hiring processes that result in certified eligibility lists and interview applicants.
- Work closely with hiring managers and Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) to proactively understand hiring needs, collaborate on recruitment and hiring initiatives, and proactively inform the hiring managers on progress.
- Partner with hiring managers throughout the recruitment process to identify, assess and engage a diverse pool of potentially qualified candidates through proactive networking, external partnerships, job fairs, and print, online and in-person recruitment techniques.
- Assist departments with the hiring process development and administration. Provide suggested questions and processes, interview job candidates, and recommend hiring decisions. Conduct reference and credential checks on candidates and negotiate job offers.
- Provide guidance, consultation, and training to management and individual employees on the interpretation and implementation of the talent acquisition strategy.
- Research, evaluate and recommend approaches and strategies to recruitment and recruitment efforts. Prepare reports that require research, data collection or analysis, and application of reasoning, judgment, and knowledge of governing rules, laws, or policies from a racial equity lens. Identify opportunities for process improvement around recruitment and hiring efforts.
- Respond effectively to inquiries from employees, management, job applicants, other county departments, or employers, consistent with applicable policies and the Data Practices Act.
- May conduct exit interviews with employees to determine reasons for separation and gather information about attitudes concerning employment experience as necessary.
- Support County branding and marketing as an employer of choice in the twin cities area.
- Assist in supporting new and ongoing sustainability of pathway programs, hiring initiatives, and workforce development hiring.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
Education: Bachelor's degree in human resources management, communications and marketing, public administration, business administration, industrial relations, psychology, or a related field.
Substitution: Any combination of education and experience that equates to four years may be substituted for the education experience listed above.
- Training and Experience Rating = 100%
The examination for the Human Resources Talent Acquisition Specialist will consist of a training and experience rating, comprised of the questions in the attached supplemental questionnaire. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will pass the training and experience rating. The rating on this supplemental questionnaire will depend on your answers to the questions – do not mark “see resume” or “see work history” as a response. Please answer all your questions clearly and completely. Failure to respond could affect your score and final rank on this examination.
Eligible List: The names of all applicants who filed a properly completed application and passed the examination/screening process shall be placed on the eligible list for an employment opportunity as a Human Resources Talent Acquisition Specialist. This list will be certified to the appointing authority which may use this list to conduct interviews to fill a vacancy. Candidates will remain on the list for one month or until hired, whichever occurs first. A notice will be sent to applicants at the time the eligible list is posted, informing them that the list has been posted and their rank on the list.
Veteran's Preference: This is a classified position requiring an open, competitive selection process. Veteran's Preference points will be applied after a candidate passes the examination process. Applicants who are eligible for veteran's preference should update their veteran's DD214, and other supporting documents, and submit them as an attachment at the time of application.
Criminal Background Checks: All employment offers are conditioned upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
E-Verify Participation: Ramsey County participates in the federal E-Verify program. This means that Ramsey County will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Ramsey County is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ramsey County provides equal access to employment, programs, and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, public assistance or national origin.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist