Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Post Consumer brands
At Post Consumer Brands, we have more than 125 years of experience making the breakfast cereals that people love. And even after a century, we're still innovating. We are driven by our mission to Make Better Happen - and we want YOU to join our team!
With names like Pebbles, Honey Bunches of Oats, Great Grains, and Malt-O-Meal in our portfolio, we’ve earned more spots in the top 50 best-selling brands than any other cereal company. And as the third-ranked company in the cereal category, our business is growing. That’s where you come in. Our company is a hearty mix of ambitious people who want to make great things happen.
Post Consumer Brands corporate headquarters in Lakeville, Minn. is about 20 miles south of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Lakeville has all the benefits of smaller town living with access to everything a large metropolitan area has to offer. Join more than 400 team members collaborating on the two-building campus to help put breakfast on the tables of millions of consumers in North America.
The world of recruiting has changed dramatically in recent years - we are seeking a dynamic and versatile Talent Acquisition leader who is looking to grow their career and leave their mark. The scope of this role is broad – from leading Talent Acquisition operations to growing and developing a team to maintaining a strong and compelling employment brand all while furthering our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). The successful candidate will balance a strong presence with thoughtful and responsive stakeholder management; process and technology expertise with relationship management and influence savvy; day to day execution with longer-term capability building.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Lead Talent Acquisition Operations
- Develop and execute end-to-end talent acquisition strategies, including requisition management, posting, sourcing, interviewing, selection and onboarding.
- Use multiple strategies and avenues including direct sourcing, industry networking, employee referrals, Internet sourcing, diversity sourcing, targeted advertising, and college programs.
- Measure and manage key metrics to maintain effectiveness of talent acquisition team.
- Lead talent acquisition-related diversity initiatives and long-range diversity plans.
- Curate the organization’s external presence in keeping with the Employment Brand and Employee Value Proposition.
- Monitor and manage performance against the requirements for Affirmative Action; accountable for providing input to annual AAP plans.
- Manage the onboarding process.
- Manage staffing vendor relationships, performance expectations and annual spend.
- Manage campus recruitment activities, including the company internship program.
- Ensure the proper use of assessment data in the selection and onboarding process.
- Maintain a partial requisition load as needed, flexing to accommodate resource needs and availability. Appropriately balance recruiting and department management.
- Technology leadership for applicant tracking system, social recruiting platforms, diversity recruiting platforms; partner with HRIS on system integration and reporting.
Customer Relationship Management
- Anticipate and proactively resolve stakeholder/customer alignment opportunities; stay aware and responsive, driving alignment, removing barriers, securing resources.
- Ensure a high level of customer service through ongoing engagement with corporate and field customers including managers, executives and HR Business Partners.
- Ensure close partnership and alignment with Field Operations HR and leadership.
- Provide supervision and daily work direction to Talent Acquisition Specialist, Coordinator, Recruiters and contractors.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and career development support for individuals and the team as a whole.
- Establish and manage department goals and objectives.
- Actively monitor and manage team workload, balancing for capability, development, cross-training, engagement, etc.
- Manage Talent Acquisition budget.
Build Talent Acquisition Capabilities
- Lead online and social recruiting strategy development and execution; ensure platforms are appropriately leveraged and in keeping with current user behavior.
- Partner with Business Partner teams to implement hiring manager training related to talent acquisition best practices.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices to ensure optimal tools and resources are being utilized.
- Deliver behavior-based interviewing programs focused on high quality interviews being conducted by interview teams.
- Lead the development of advanced sourcing and pipelining strategies and practices.
- Continue to develop and strengthen the capability of the team to source for and fill hard-to-fill roles.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field (Business, Psychology, etc.) preferred or equivalent experience. PHR/SPHR or recruiting certifications a plus.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible HR experience preferred, with demonstrated success in Talent Acquisition.
- Experience supervising a Talent Acquisition team.
- Significant experience as a recruiter filling technical and executive level positions.
- Experience managing contract recruiters, staffing agencies, retained and contingent search firms.
- Experience with advanced sourcing and pipelining strategies.
- Experience managing applicant tracking systems (ATS) and related recruiting technologies, including the launch of new systems or new system capabilities.
- Experience designing and delivering metrics and reports, assisting managers in anticipating and planning for recruiting needs.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to be Agile – Moving quickly and adapting to changes in real-time.
- Ability to be Simple – Simplifying the complex to enable quick, aligned decision making.
- Be Bold – Taking the risk to lead, to appropriately challenge, to have an informed point of view. Ability to influence at all levels of management up to and including the CEO.
- Win as One – Leveraging the diversity and skills of the whole team to win on shared objectives. Excellent relationship building skills and ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Act Like an Owner – Keeping the needs of the enterprise in mind with all decisions. Attention to detail and excellent project management skills.
- Do Right by coworkers and customers.
- Bring Joy – Taking work seriously, but not yourself.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
To apply click Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition