Senior Director of Talent Acquisition
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Senior Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for the strategy, data, training, and outcomes related to full-cycle recruitment activities to fill 3000+ AmeriCorps national service positions annually. The Senior Director will be responsible for workforce development planning, forecasting, and strategic initiatives to recruit and retain AmeriCorps service members nationally. The Senior Director will spearhead partnership and relationship development to support lead generation. The Senior Director will provide strategy, models, and coaching directly to regional and program leadership teams in order to ensure that Ampact meets our ambitious member recruitment goals annually. The Senior Director will ensure that all materials, training, and expenditures are aligned to meet our organizational recruitment strategy. The Senior Director also works with supervisors in a matrixed environment to set and uphold clear expectations for program staff performance, providing and soliciting feedback and driving continuous improvement, resulting in achieving recruitment and member enrollment goals. This position will observe confidentiality of all member, program and organizational information.
For this role, qualified candidates must be based in MN, WI, CA, MS, GA, VA, IL, FL, CO
- Talent Acquisition Strategy and Leadership: Uses longitudinal data to conduct workforce analysis and forecasting for member recruitment. Creates an annual strategy for high volume full cycle member recruitment. Communicates and invests staff in that strategy and aligned tactics. Creates training, systems, and infrastructure necessary to ensure regional team leaders and recruitment staff have the knowledge, skills, tools, and cultural competence to meet talent acquisition goals for all programs and regions. Creates and cascades a strategy, system, and infrastructure for advertising, lead management, applicant processing, interviewing and enrolling over 3000+ AmeriCorps members annually. Tracks data regularly to ensure priorities are aligned with goals.
- Supervision and Prioritization: Supervises department staff and directs the work of talent acquisition staff, including temporary and permanent staff within Ampact’s matrix management environment. Directs the training onboarding of recruitment staff and provides ongoing talent acquisition training across all Ampact regions and programs. The Senior Director will supervise a Project Manager and other staff to ensure an aligned, strategic, results-oriented full cycle recruitment strategy that is well organized. Prioritizes work through cross functional collaboration with Operations, IT, Human Resources, and Marketing Communications departments through regular, predictable systems and communication.
- Recruitment Plans and Initiatives: Provides direction, coaching, and support in the development, alignment, and implementation of national and regional recruitment plans. Leads candidate engagement efforts to convert prospects to applicants. The Senior Director of Talent Acquisition will build and maintain high-level relationships with networks that can be leveraged to promote our national service positions. Establishes a varied and effective sourcing strategy that has the systems, infrastructure, and training to be deployed at a regional and programmatic level.
- Talent Acquisition Processes: Develops and ensures consistent implementation of efficient and effective full-cycle recruitment processes (e.g., application, posting strategy, screening process, interviewing, offers) for all regions and programs across the organization. Drives continuous improvement to optimize efforts and improve the candidate experience. Works with the Operations department to establish timelines, workflows, and systems to meet the needs of the organization and comply with AmeriCorps and other legal requirements. The Director works collaboratively with the Human Resources department to ensure that applicant processes meet Ampact standards and prioritizes organizational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals.
- Talent Acquisition Data Analytics: The Senior Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for comprehensive talent acquisition metrics and analysis to monitor talent acquisition effectiveness, forecast, predict and troubleshoot issues, and to develop targeted action plans to meet stated goals. Sets recruitment targets and goals and socializes them throughout the organization. Works collaboratively with the Information Technology and ServeMinnesota Research & Evaluation department to produce meaningful analytics to inform recruitment strategy and plans. Provides regular coaching to recruitment leads and staff on how to use data systems and data to make decisions and set regional priorities in alignment with organizational talent acquisition strategy.
- Budget: Maintains statewide talent acquisition operations within a pre-defined budget and contributes to the development and ongoing management of departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (required).
- Demonstrated experience and results in high volume recruitment (required).
- Professional certification relative to Human Resources recruitment, strategy, or policy (i.e. PHR, CP, HRCI, SHRM, CIN, etc.) (preferred).
- Working knowledge of recruitment software and consulting on the integration of TA systems into broader organizational systems; iCims experience a plus (preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in high volume, full cycle recruitment.
- Demonstrated experience managing people and a department.
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to data-informed decision-making: in-depth experience managing complex sets of data and developing effective dashboard metrics to predict and identify trends, patterns, efficiencies, and effectiveness of recruitment initiatives. Experience using data to inform strategy.
- Generative, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, characterized by the ability to build investment, delegate tasks, and positively influence others.
- Ability to create systems, develop infrastructure, set goals, and train and invest others in those systems and goals in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and stakeholders.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, external stakeholders, and staff.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong sense of responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Commitment to supporting all members and service recipients enrolled in our programs.
- Commitment to develop equity skills and cultural competence of self and others.
- Strategically Orientated – Must be visionary, strategic and inspirational. That is, they have an ability to create a vision, knows how to develop the corresponding strategies to achieve the vision, and is capable of inspiring their staff to embrace the vision and do what is necessary to execute accordingly.
- Emotionally Intelligent– Must be self-aware (understands one’s strengths and weaknesses, able to adapt to ever changing situations), adept at reading the social and emotional cues of others, have strong overall interpersonal skills, and be an effective situational leader.
- Results Oriented – Knows how to set ambitious yet attainable goals, execute against respective action plans, and meet them in a timely and cost-effective manner. Can accelerate and maximize the achievements of others. Understands how to take a visionary idea and put it into practice. Doesn’t ask if something will happen but proposes solutions for how to make it happen.
- Learner Orientation – Uses research and data to make decisions. Regularly engages industry best practices to inform strategy and tactics employed by the organization and department. Curiosity beyond surface level data and a willingness to take calculated productive risks to get results.
- Collaborative – Works well with colleagues and partners within and across departments yet is also an effective delegator. Able to discern important priorities and when to lead and influence others to an idea or practice.
Ampact is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations as possible to enable employees to perform the essential function of their positions.
This position requires the ability to:
- Travel locally and statewide as needed to attend meetings
- Communicate effectively with people/groups in multiple settings within and outside the organization
- Effectively utilize existing and emerging technology to achieve required results
- Transport moderately heavy objects up to 25 pounds
To apply click Senior Director of Talent Acquisition