Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
State of Minnesota
What drives you?
At MnDOT, we are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Working Title: Recruitment Specialist
Job Class: Human Resources Specialist 2
Agency: Transportation Dept
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/16/2022
- Closing Date: 11/22/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Transportation Dept / Transportation-Confidential
- Division/Unit: Human Resources / Human Resources Mgmt
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Not Applicable Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: Yes - 50% of time
- Salary Range: $25.25 - $37.02 / hourly; $52,722 - $77,297 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 217 - Confidential/Unrep
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
**MnDOT does not sponsor applicants for work visas or Optional Practical Training Extensions for STEM Students. Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US at the start of employment.
The position is located at Central Office in St. Paul. This position will have the option to telework; the employee will be required to complete a telework agreement.
This position provides recruiting services to the Department of Transportation (MnDOT) and works collaboratively with Central Office Human Resources and the district Human Resources offices. It will execute day-to-day recruitment activities including partnering with hiring managers to understand their business needs, creating strategic recruitment plans, driving talent pipeline development, and providing consistent updates on recruitment progress.
Regular (50% of time) in and out of state travel required for recruitment events. Some overnight travel is required.
Two years of professional experience in Human Resources that includes:
- Experience using multiple recruiting strategies and sources including social media.
- Experience engaging with a variety of audiences about job opportunities.
- Experience advising stakeholders on recruitment and retention.
- Experience researching and analyzing recruitment and retention data and trends.
A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development or a closely related field substitutes for one year of professional experience.
- Experience tracking recruitment data and metrics.
**Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and criminal history check**
It is our policy that all candidates submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components: SEMA4 Records Check, Criminal History Check, Employment Reference Check, Driver’s License Check, Education/License Verification and Pre-Employment Physical.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, Saint Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees a subsidy for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The Rice/Capitol Station is located close by.
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
To apply click Recruitment Specialist