Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
Michael foods, Inc. located in Chaska, Minnesota is known as the "best small town in Minnesota" with a highly rated school system and home of the PGA Tournament in 2018! As our community grows, we strive to preserve the small town atmosphere. Minutes away from beautiful lakes, major highways, shopping malls and the Twin Cities, it is the perfect location to work!. Our location produces a variety of potato products. For over 100 years, the Michael Foods family of businesses has leveraged quality ingredients and innovative processes to offer the finest products and solutions to our customers and to food-loving consumers.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Recruiter manages all recruitment and staffing needs for the assigned facility. The Recruiter serves as an expert for recruiting candidates and is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening, testing and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external). The incumbent must be skilled in interviewing techniques, possess a good knowledge of both the overall business goals and the functions in the facilities, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure, and an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure as well as federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels. Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Meets with managers and supervisors to develop specific recruiting plans, and partners with them to determine staffing needs
- Processes job requisitions and manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university, and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- With the prior approval from Management, extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 1-3 years recruiting experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Understanding of HR best practices relative to recruitment and onboarding.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Bilingual English Spanish preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.
Michael Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
To apply click Recruiter