Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Veit & Company
Never settle, dig deeper.
Our Core Values
- Deliberately Safe We believe all safety incidents are avoidable when everyone operates with a deliberate mindset. We are deliberately proactive and thorough in training and job planning. We are deliberately safe in our everyday operations and decision-making.
- Build with Intention We build with intention. Whether in the office or the field, we work with grit and determination toward a better future for everyone involved. We leave things better than we found them, and never leave a job until we’re proud to put the Veit name on it.
- Leaders Dig First Egos have no place at Veit. We expect everyone on our team to dig in with a leadership mentality. That means being willing to jump in, take ownership, and get mud on our boots — especially when times get challenging.
- Real Relationships Like our work, we approach relationships authentically, with a long-term mindset. Whether you’re a client partner, vendor, or team member, we make an effort to build a more meaningful connection with you by communicating with respect and honesty.
- Integrity in Everything As part of the Veit family, everything we do and say reflects on this entire company. We act with integrity, which means treating others just as we want to be treated, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves accountable.
Veit is one of the country’s leading specialty contractors, with over 90 years of experience and the best people in the industry. We pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit to push the construction industry forward and deliver for our customers. Our modern fleet of iron, diverse expertise, and unmatched determination allow us to successfully tackle some of the largest and most complex projects across every sector while also living out our values every day.
Our company culture is one where everyone pitches in to get the job done, regardless of job title or seniority. We do everything we can to maintain an atmosphere where family comes first. We want every one of our employees to look forward to each day at work and make it home safe and happy at the end of the day.
The Recruiter is responsible for working with the Talent Acquisition Manager to implement strategies to attract top talent across the Veit Enterprise. Responsibilities include but are not limited to full cycle recruitment of key roles, including sourcing, recruiting, screening, and interviewing internal and external candidates. This role will also support school, community, & industry association partnerships, diversity, equity & inclusion recruitment efforts, and the administration and implementation of HR policies, programs, and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with managers and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Works with HR team and managers to develop job description, or reviews and edits job descriptions written by others.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions in applicant tracking system. Stays active with current job boards, industry associations, social networks, and platforms to find talent, and plan, create, and release job announcements.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with candidates, hiring managers, industry partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Develops talent pipelines for key roles.
- Collaborates and fosters a positive working relationship with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings; continues to develop understanding of department hiring needs.
- Actively communicates recruiting status updates to candidates, hiring managers, and management.
- Responsible for optimization and maintenance of ATS.
- Conducts or acquires background checks, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
- Provides ongoing support for our partnerships with schools/institutions to further develop a talent pool to pull from. Supports and coordinates Fall & Spring campus recruitment events.
- Maintains data integrity of employee records in the HRIS system in accordance with all federal and state regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in talent management and employment law.
- Actively participates in creating efficiencies and improving internal processes.
- Participates in HR projects and audits as needed.
- Other projects or duties as assigned by management.
- Assures that Veit’s Management is informed on all matters of relative importance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4 years full-cycle recruitment experience including screening, prospecting, qualifying, interviewing, and managing candidates throughout interview process.
- Understanding of OFCCP and EEO/AA requirements.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and applicant tracking systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated time-management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines while working under pressure. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, with ability to build trust and credibility. Ability to maintain integrity, positivity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities. Ability to be persistent and push through challenges and adversity.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-7 years of recruitment or business development experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR-related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Viewpoint Vista and BirdDogHR (Arcoro) preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working in the Construction industry is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work 8-hour workdays, Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background screening.
- This position is based on site in Rogers, MN. Remote work may be available 1-2 days per week after training is complete.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Regular local travel required, plus overnight stays for out-of-town interviews, career fairs, and industry association meetings/conferences (50%+)
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently communicates with employees and clients and must able to exchange accurate information. Additional functions include: stand and/or sit in a stationary position for extended periods of time; 50%+, use a computer/laptop in an office environment with natural and/or fluorescent lighting, navigate between office building floors, regularly attend off-site meetings or events, and lift up to 35 lbs. unassisted. The employee is regularly required to use a computer/laptop/iPad in an office environment with natural and/or fluorescent lighting and navigate between office building floors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Most often an office environment, however occasional jobsite travel is required. Employee frequently works alone and with others. The employee occasionally may encounter high noise levels when visiting jobsites on occasion, but hearing protection is provided/required. Most often in a typical office environment.
VEIT does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, INCLUDING M/F/VET/DISABILITY
To apply click Recruiter