Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The External Recruiter is the face of Summit Academy in the community. This position is responsible for all external recruitment activities and some internal events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, plans and leads recruitment activities to reach prospective students; represent Summit Academy OIC at community events, recruitment fairs and other community outreach events in order to bolster student enrollment.
- Build and cultivates relationships with community leaders, faith-based community leaders, schools, feeder programs and community organizations to create partnerships that identify and yield qualified student applicants.
- Distributes marketing materials to community partners and schedules information meetings at their sites or at accessible venues in the community.
- Provides complete, accurate and inspiring information to candidates about Summit Academy OIC and its program offerings in a variety of settings: one-on-one, tabling events and presentations.
- Works closely with the marketing team and Enrollment Manager to develop ad campaigns and targeted recruitment initiatives to meet enrollment goals.
- Tracks results of outreach efforts and reports weekly and monthly progress toward goals to management.
- Conducts follow-up communication to prospective students including phone and email outreach to ensure attendance at information sessions and other school events.
- Organizes and conducts recruitment initiatives, fairs, open houses and assemblies.
- Participates in special projects as assigned to accomplish established objectives and enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Awareness of and commitment to Summit Academy OIC’s mission and programs.
- Excellent communications skills: oral, written, interpersonal and presentation.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the barriers faced by diverse adult populations seeking to advance their education and career goals.
- The ability to deliver results with little supervision and be proactive.
- The ability to meet deadlines and communicate effectively on project management.
- Ability to form relationships easily; persuade, influence and motivate others.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; engaged, passionate and persistent.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Willingness to conduct local travel frequently, work a flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with data entry and tracking; CampusNexus a plus.
This position has no direct reports.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position must be able to constantly remain in a stationary position (stand or sit). This position constantly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as copiers, printers, fax machines, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with prospective students and staff members and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). It is eligible for overtime pay. This position is expected to average 40 hours per week. Night and weekend work will be required to meet the expectations of the position.
This position requires frequent local travel.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Experience with recruitment-related work within a school or similar field.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Community organizing and/or community outreach experience.
- Associate’s degree.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of Summit Academy OIC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Summit Academy OIC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply click Recruiter