Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Western National Insurance
Western National is in search of a customer-focused talent acquisition coordinator to help support our growing team!
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will support process aspects of the recruiting cycle, participate in networking opportunities in the community and college campuses and stay informed of local talent trends. Processes supported include, but are not limited to assisting recruiters in pre and post hiring activities, career fair, and creating and maintaining process documentation and workflows
In addition to Talent Acquisition support, the role will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team whose members are viewed as experts in attracting talent by hiring managers, and other internal stakeholders.
Western National Insurance is a growing, A+ rated (A.M. Best) group of property-and-casualty insurance companies serving individuals, families, and businesses in 19 states across the Northern, Midwestern, and Western U.S. as well as in Alaska.
This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your relationship skills at the Relationship Company® by supporting a remarkable candidate experience!
- Collaborate with recruiters, hiring managers, and team members in a positive and proactive manner while utilizing a consultative and process-oriented approach
- Post job openings internally and externally
- Initiate and monitor required background checks for all new hires
- Provide HR support to candidates, employees, and managers by applying a broad knowledge of HR concepts, procedures, and a general understanding of department fundamentals
- Facilitate various processes including interview scheduling, career fair and internship program support, coordinating travel, communicating with candidates, and supporting our Employee Referral program
- Coordinate and participate in networking events
- Assist in onboarding and orientation activities
- Maintain applicant tracking workflows, communication templates and reporting
- Partner with Communications team to create/update employment branding and talent acquisition related materials on occasion
- Participate in and contribute to special projects and initiatives when and as requested
- 1 year of previous experience in a professional, project-orientated role
- High school degree or equivalent
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proactive and strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to act effectively as the ‘face’ of the company and the HR function
- Strengths in verbal and written communication
- Known as a collaborative team player
- Ability to attend and travel to events
Nice to Have’s
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Marketing, or Communications
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Experience with campus recruitment
- Experience with Social Media Recruitment
CULTURE AND TOTAL REWARDS:
Currently ranked as the 37th largest private company by revenue in Minnesota (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal), Western National has earned accolades year-over-year as an employer of choice and garnered multiple awards for wellness in the workplace including the Wellness by Design Platinum +Green award from Hennepin County and is a mspWellness Champion. Western National was also named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in 2021 and 2022. The company is also consistently recognized as a Wards Top 50 performing property-and-casualty insurance company for its outstanding financial results.
Western National has long been known as “The Relationship Company®,” and caring for our employees is a part of that relationship commitment. Western National values connectiveness, empowerment, and accountability. Western National offers competitive pay, advancement opportunities, a generous benefits package, a robust wellbeing program, and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance. These attributes are just some of the reasons why nearly half of our employees choose to stay on the Western National team for ten years or more!
Western National offers full time employees a significant Total Rewards Package, including:
- Medical insurance Plan options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Plan (plus company match)
- Wellbeing Program
- Onsite Fitness Studio
- Paid volunteer time
- Time Off – including vacation and holiday pay
- 100% company-paid tuition reimbursement for approved job-relevant coursework and access to The Institutes (Risk & Insurance Education)
- Workplace Flexibility
- Discounts on personal auto and homeowner's insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Profit-sharing bonus
- Other standard employee benefits – including dental insurance, vision benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, and more
Western National provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Coordinator