Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
University of Minnesota
Talent Acquisition, within the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is responsible for all employment-related services. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator position is an entry-level professional position supporting the Talent Acquisition Operations team and the Director of Talent Acquisition. The primary responsibilities include performing day-to-day operational and administrative activities for the team, including vendor and contract management, planning and logistics for TA events, report preparation, as well as serving as the superuser and primary contact for the background check reporting systems.
60% Oversees the background check process for the entire university. A background check will include a criminal check as well as an educational check if needed.
- The individuals in this role will review the background check results determine course of action. This will include analyzing the results based on the following criteria: recency, severity and relatedness of the crime. Independently makes the determination to allow the individual to be hired or determines that a hire cannot be made. Elevates some results to either the Director of TA and or OGC.
- Serves as the single point of contact for background check related questions.
- Monitors the pre-adverse action process to ensure compliance with the FCRA.
- Runs monthly audit reports to ensure that background checks are conducted on all new hires or transfers as per our background check policy
- Provides guidance and interpretation of the policy. Ensures the background check policy is being followed.
- Responsible for reviewing the invoicing of the background checks. Follows up with vendor or campus contacts as needed.
40% Assists the recruitment team with scheduling interviews, preparing interview itineraries, corresponding with applicants as needed
- Assist recruiters with screening applicants for basic qualifications
- Assists with dispositioning applicants as needed
- Requests purchase orders, requisitions request for TA vendor
Schedules meetings for the TA team
Performs other related duties as required and deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions Talent Acquisition
Reports to: Director of Talent Acquisition
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
• MN State Retirement System (MSRS) pension plan - tax-deferred.
• 13 paid vacation days per year (starting accrual rate), in addition to 13 paid sick days and 11 paid holidays.
• Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
• Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
• Wellness program with an opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
• Annual merit increase program.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or a combination of related education and professional work experience to total four (4) years.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail and task oriented
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office or related
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to either attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or agree to comply with the University's testing requirement. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
In the coming weeks the University will move from attestation to requiring all faculty and staff systemwide to submit proof of vaccination.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
To apply click Recruiting Coordinator