Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us. Please note that effective 11/23/2021, all associates must be fully vaccinated for COVID19 unless legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation related to religious or medical exemptions.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
The Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for creating and implementing talent acquisition framework, infrastructure, and strategies to support Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota's businesses. The Director of Talent Acquisition develops and implements talent acquisition strategies (internal and external) to achieve sourcing, evaluation, and selection of highly qualified and diverse talent. This includes short and long-term recruitment planning, managing executive search, prioritization and deployment. In addition, this person will develop a strong, agile recruiting team, partnership with business and HR leaders, visible community engagement, and external benchmarking. In addition, they will ensure consistent communication of employment and career opportunities internally and externally, demonstrating the Blue Cross brand to ensure we attract and retain culturally proficient talent with the passion and skills to deliver our strategy!
Within 12 months you will:
- Implement a sourcing strategy for Blue Cross to build short and long term pipelines of strong, diverse talent
- Promote Blue Cross and our career opportunities through community engagement and using social media
- Drive continuous improvement processes throughout our hiring process.
A Day in the Life:
- Direct recruitment strategies that build agile recruiting structures and budgets; crafts strategic partnering with the business units that align staffing objectives with business strategy.
- Design TA processes and communication to ensure an outstanding candidate experience.
- Develop sourcing strategies, relationships, and contracts to build, innovative, diverse candidate slates.
- Serves in a visible role externally with key community groups and builds a positive relationship with them.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a diversity sourcing program to identify key partnership, develop teams’ sourcing skills, recommend standard methodologies that position Stella as a destination employer for diverse talent.
- Serve as a visible employment brand ambassador through internal and external communication and speaking engagements to attract high performing workforce, ensure strong social media and external presence to expand and promote the Stella Brand.
- Research market activity through benchmarking and networking and implements best practices to ensure Stella’s recruiting process is agile, driven, and candidate centered.
- Maximize the utilization of systems to reduce team administration. Lead continuous improvement to ensure team focuses time on direct candidate activities.
- Handle Executive Search Firms and the hiring process for VP and EVP roles. Ensures internal stakeholder alignment on scope and timeline for executive hire. Coordinates process and coordination of communication between external search and internal partners and any other vendors.
- Handle department staff and staffing needs, provides ongoing coaching to encourage team to test and try new ideas and drive strong candidate experiences. Uses data and metrics to provide team ongoing feedback.
- Maintains positive relationship with senior leaders and HR peers to assess and plan for key organizational talent needs.
- Partners closely with the rest of the Talent Strategy team to ensure recruiting practices, policies, and processes promote internal career development and mitigate bias.
- Lead compliance with federal, state and local laws.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Corporate recruiting or Executive search background.
- Diversity and Inclusion team leadership
- Experience as an HR Business Partner.
- Accepting this director level position at BCBSMN requires signing an Employee Confidentiality, Intellectual Property Assignment and Restrictive Covenants Agreement as a condition of employment.
- 5+ years of related professional experience, with 3+ years of management experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, executive presentation, internal and external, at all levels.
- Strong cultural proficiency and a dedication to advance diversity, inclusion and equity
- Builds strong talent networks through community and professional association engagements.
- Experience in crafting candidate experience.
- Strong eye for talent – builds TA team and Stella pipeline with candidates that model our values and leadership expectations.
- Innovative thinking – helps the team test and try new sourcing techniques and challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in the organization including senior executives.
Make a difference
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
To apply click Director Talent Acquisition