Talent Acquisition Manager
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Washburn Center for Children
Mental health touches us all. At Washburn Center, we’re committed to nurturing every child and family's well-being and full potential through transformative mental healthcare. We are continuously learning and evolving. What we do is grounded in compassion and hope. Join our team as we serve more than 3,600 children and approximately 10,800 family members each year through school, home and clinic-based mental health services.
Washburn Center for Children’s Talent Acquisition Manager will work with the Chief Administrative Officer and Director, HR to define an implement a talent acquisition strategy with a focus on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion that builds a sustainable workforce through the attraction, recruitment and on-boarding of employees, trainees and interns. This role is responsible for all facets of the recruitment process including, but not limited to job postings, sourcing, screening, candidate management, candidate evaluation, hiring and onboarding new hires.
Responsibilities will include implementing a range of recruitment strategies to identify, engage and attract talent by utilizing a broad range of proactive sourcing methods. They will partner with the Marketing & Communications Team to build Washburn’s talent branding across social media platforms, professional networks and organizations, diversity recruiting avenues and career fairs that will attract and retain a strong and diverse applicant pool. The Talent Acquisition manager will also support the talent strategy for the intern program, partnering with clinical leaders to support all phases of the intern recruitment cycle.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will coach and support hiring managers in the recruitment process for employees, trainees and interns to ensure they engage and inspire candidates, and hire quality and diverse talent that amplify Washburn’s mission and values. This role will use data to inform decisions, communicate results, and identify areas for improvement. This individual will be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with leader, community organizations, college and university professionals and other team members to create partnerships
Talent Acquisition Planning & Strategy
1. Maintain a deep understanding of the agency’s mission and vision to develop the EDI vision, strategic plans, goals and metrics in support of Washburn Center for Children's strategic plan and individual program initiatives.
2. In partnership with the Director of Human Resources create an annual candidate engagement and recruitment plan to ensure achievement of diverse goals and targets. Collaborate with the CHRO, the Director of HR and the Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion to align the internship and fellowship programs with broader talent acquisition strategies.
3. Research, develop and implement strategies to source, attract, recruit and select a highly qualified, diverse candidate pool that reflects Washburn Center’s client population; Continually monitor market trends and adjust strategy to align with trends. actively create outreach programs which cultivate an open and inclusive workforce
4. In partnership with the Director of Equity and Inclusion build and nourish relationships with colleges, universities, individuals, schools, and other partners who can help further awareness strategies to recruit a diverse candidate pool; proactively identify and engage in employment fairs, meetings, workshops, college and university partnerships, career centers etc.
5. Oversee and continually improve the end-to-end recruiting experience ensuring consistent interviewing, reference checking, and hiring processes that support an equitable and positive candidate experience
6. Grow and nurture a talent acquisition pipeline by developing and maintaining meaningful connections with a talent pool of internal and external candidates
7. Partner with the communications team on recruitment branding and designing a communications and social media strategy that optimizes Washburn’s mission and values and captures the value proposition of employment with Washburn Center in a creative and progressive that reaches
8. Identify and develop metrics to track the effectiveness of recruitment strategies. Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to drive strategy, highlighting trends and recommending changes.
Candidate Recruitment & Selection
1. Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive research, sourcing of active and passive candidates, community outreach and nurturing of on-going relationships;
2. Coach, support and influence hiring managers and intern supervisors at all levels to ensure recruitment processes are consistent reflect best practices and are steeped in agency values and a deep commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
3. Project manage the recruitment process through the full life cycle ensuring a positive experience for candidates, managers and teams. Lead talent acquisition activities including:
o Consult with the Director of Human Resources and hiring managers on the development or review of position descriptions and compensation.
o Establish recruitment strategy for position identifying posting placement and sourcing opportunities.
o Manage candidate engagement in Lever ensuring each step of interview process is documented and finalized.
o Conduct in-depth resume and phones screens and assess potential candidates for level of interest, qualifications, and salary expectations insuring EDI
o Oversee the interview process including scheduling interviews, completing reference checks and timely engagement with candidates
o Support final selection of applicants and initiate onboarding process.
4. Transition candidates to onboarding and oversee accurate and timely completion of all required new hire documents, employee data entry into the HRIS system (ADP) and development of onboarding plan, ensuring pro-active engagement and communication with new hires.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Management
1. Manage Washburn Center’s ATS (Lever) to provide for an optimal candidate experience throughout the recruitment cycle. Ensure candidate data is documented and tracked to allow for accurate reporting.
2. Oversee preparation of a variety of reports on talent acquisition and management activities, including those to meet Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Bureau of Labor and Industries, and other internal, local, state and federal employment requirements
3. Stay current with changes and trends in talent acquisition and administration and technologies;
Intern Program Coordination
1. Coordinate all aspects of the internship program throughout the internship life-cycle. This includes creating and managing intern recruitment and hiring timelines, administrative support throughout the internship, collaborative engagement with school liaisons and transition out of internship.
2. Manage school partnerships and contracts continually pursuing new opportunities to expand and promote Equity and Inclusion initiatives including Washburn Center’s Pathway’s Program. Build and maintain relationships with college internship placement departments.
3. Oversee the intern program job postings, external job board management, resume and application screening, and communication with hiring managers throughout recruitment process. Ensure applicant tracking system candidate and requisition files are updated regularly to track status of candidates throughout recruitment and selection process.
4. Provide training and administrative support for intern supervisors in partnership with clinical leadership; Collaborate with clinical directors to insure opportunities for continued learning and engagement to support the development of Intern supervisors.
5. Continuously evaluate intern experience by conducting stay and exit interviews to ensure continuous improvement. Act as agency representative for interns to support a positive experience, channeling concerns or issues to appropriate Program Director or Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent work experience desired
- Strong background in talent acquisition and recruitment required
- 2-4 years of recent recruitment experience with a successful track record
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience a plus
- 3-5 years of HR experience desired
- Beneficial certifications include: Professional Recruiter Certification, Certified Diversity & Inclusion Recruiter, Professional in Human Resources
- Solid understanding of full lifecycle recruiting, and data driven mindset to support pipeline progress
- Must understand how to successfully recruit passive candidates
- Experience recruiting diverse candidates
- Strong understanding of talent practices & the ability to drive EDI recruiting results
- Well defined and proven sourcing methods, high degree of familiarity/proficiency with recruitment tools such as LinkedIn, social media and multiple search engine, job aggregators/propagators, etc.
Washburn Center for Children is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cultural Responsiveness is essential to achieving our mission. Our aspirational aim is to advance equity and work toward building a multi-cultural workplace community that balances culturally responsive practice with internal self-awareness and reflection.
This requires a commitment, by each and every employee, to increase awareness of our own cultural beliefs, values and biases; self-reflection and individual growth; and to actively integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our organizational cultural at Washburn Center. The on-going practice of learning, developing and action is guided by our core values:
- We embody compassion
- We practice resilience and hold hope
- We build a multicultural community
- We transform and grow
To apply click Talent Acquisition Manager