Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Manager of Talent Acquisiton leads the recruitment team responsible for corporate, staff, and faculty hiring. The Manager acts as a Talent Recruiting business partner and talent advisor, working closing with senior leaders. Along with managing the team and leading searches, the Talent Recruiting Manager engages in process improvement initiatives geared towards streamlining and standardizing policies, procedures, practices, tools and metrics.
SEI is a hybrid work environment and employees are expected to be in the office 1-2 times per week and be within a commutable distance to Herndon, VA or Minneapolis, MN.
- Align the recruitment group to the overall business strategy. Creatively identify opportunities for improvement, gain support and buy-in from key stakeholders, implement enhancements and institute efficiencies where appropriate.
- Set strategies, design new initiatives, benchmark best practices, create policies, establish success metrics and monitor results to ensure recruiting is effectively aligned with the business needs.
- Serve as the recruiting expert and advisor to the organization for all staffing needs. Establish effective relationships. Be a consultative resource, active member, and a trusted advisor to the leadership team. Partner with key leaders in the recruitment of senior level positions and strategic hires.
- Coach and mentor staff , providing opportunities to improve skills and giving regular feedback on progress.
- Oversee the recruitment process for all hires. Work with recruiting team and hiring managers to create search strategies, craft job descriptions, market the opportunity, screen candidates, tailor the office visit process, recommend compensation, check references and negotiate offers. Provide tools and training to hiring teams on candidate evaluation and interview methods to ensure effective screening of recruits.
- Monitor the recruiting workflow and provide direction for prioritizing the requisition load to ensure attainment of service level expectations.
- Build a candidate pipeline for future positions through specialized programs and targeted sourcing channels. This includes creating a mechanism to expand and track networks/contacts, alumni and potential candidates.
- Ensure proper training of staff, clarity on roles, responsibilities and processes. Provide direction on capitalizing on system capabilities to streamline efforts, implementing efficiencies, and producing key reports and establishing and tracking recruiting metrics, such as time to fill, cost per hire, etc.
- Assist with managing recruiting related budget areas (e.g. placement fees, job ads, employee referral award, etc.). Negotiate fees with vendors, reviewing contracts and identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree required
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- 5+ years of progressively more responsible recruitment experience
- Experience leading or managing a group preferred
- Demonstrated excellent customer service. Resolves problems responsively, creatively and logically by detecting underlying issues in complex situations, identifying patterns or trends and applying one’s expertise and experience.
- Proficiency utilizing Workday as an applicant tracking system.
- Proficiency in setting and adjusting multiple priorities. Ability to organize time and identify resources for individual and group projects
- Seasoned judgment, high integrity and the ability to learn quickly. Ability to quickly gain credibility and to understand and influence the organization.
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
The selected applicant for this position may be required to work onsite and attend onsite or offsite meetings and events. As such, the selected applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination will be required before the first day of employment. We will consider requests for exception from this requirement under our process for disability accommodation or religious exemption.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strategiced.com.
Strategic Education, Inc. is dedicated to enabling economic mobility with education. We serve working adult students through a range of educational opportunities that include: Strayer University and Capella University (separate institutions that are each regionally accredited), which collectively offer flexible and affordable associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs; a Top-25 Princeton Review-ranked online MBA program through the Jack Welch Management Institute; and non-degree web and mobile application development courses through DevMountain and Hackbright Academy. These programs help our students prepare for success in today’s jobs and find a path to bettering their lives.
At Strategic Education, we honor and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion as core institutional principles. We hold ourselves accountable for cultivating an innovative environment that reflects all stakeholders, building our foundation as a culturally competent, diverse organization.
To apply click Manager, Talent Acquisition Operations