Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
St Catherine University
The Human Resources, Equity & Inclusion (HREI) team at St. Catherine University invites applications for an entry level Talent Acquisition Specialist position.
The HREI team visions the St. Kate’s community as one that is inclusive and where all are welcome. We collaborate across campus with leaders to create practices that move us toward a culture of inclusive excellence, which is part of the university’s strategic initiatives. The Talent Acquisition Specialist position facilitates hiring approval and onboarding processes, integrating Human Resources into the hiring process as an effective and solution-orientated partner.
- Advise leaders and search committees across the University regarding hiring practices and connect them with resources, communicating directly and respectfully with people of all backgrounds and responsibilities.
- Prepare open positions for posting, creating ad drafts and reviewing advertising plans with leaders, focusing on visibility to diverse candidate pools.
- Manage communications with Talent Acquisition, responding to phone and email inquiries promptly and respectfully to people of all cultures in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
- Train hiring leaders and search committees on effective use of the applicant tracking system (ATS) as needs arise.
- Troubleshoot ATS issues and maintain requisitions accurately, connecting with leaders to ensure they understand the system and get any needed support.
- Collaborate with the HR Administrative Assistant to to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all required new hire documents and enter new hire information into the HRIS system, ensuring that all new hires have appropriate access to complete onboarding smoothly and efficiently.
- Create offer letters and initiate background checks, reviewing and analyzing potential barriers to hire. Assist with follow-up with candidates regarding discrepancies or areas of concern.
- Manage student employment process including regular communications, payroll questions, student employee handbook and instructions.
- Assist with new hire orientation delivery and learning system management.
- Review and update recruitment process checklists and hiring tools for leaders to reference throughout hiring process.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- One year of customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, human resources or a related field
- Four years of experience including customer service, compliance with rules and regulations and creating and advising customers and colleagues on complex processes
- College / University level coursework completed
- One year of full-time human resources experience
- One year of experience supporting recruiting processes
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at [email protected] or 651-690-6565.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist