Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
How your work would contribute to our organization and the Twin Cities region:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist 2 administers the recruitment and selection process in a timely, customer service-oriented and cost-effective manner. This position is responsible for the overall recruitment and selection procedure, delivering quality candidates to hiring managers, and representing the organization to prospective employees.
The position is a temporary, full-time assignment for up to two-years, with the potential to become a regular position at the end of the assignment. There is no guarantee of continued employment throughout the duration of the temporary assignment.
Applicants who are placed on the eligibility list, will remain on the list for up to six (6) months to be considered for future openings.
- Manages full cycle recruitment and selection processes within Council policies, procedures and department practices; executes recruitment strategies and identifies recruiting sources that generate a quality applicant pool; provides guidance to managers regarding recruiting, interviewing, selection and hiring processes within Council policy, bargaining agreements and applicant tracking system.
- Responsible for the design/development of candidate testing/selection
- Uses strong communication and influencing skills for developing a robust candidate pipeline and advises managers on best practices and techniques
- Promotes diversity by partnering and advertising vacancies with diverse organizations and monitors Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) code need for each recruitment
- Completes salary analysis for new hires, promotions, transfers, etc. and prepares recommendation for review and approval by HR management, hiring department and hiring manager; extends employment offer to candidate; coordinates pre-employment background checks, drug screens and physicals
- Develops and administers valid selection tools
- Participates in job evaluation processes
- Assists HR Business Partner with job classification studies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field, and four (4) years of experience in full cycle recruitment and selection
An Associate's degree in Human Resources or the fields indicated above AND six (6) years of experience in full cycle recruitment and selection
A high school diploma/GED and eight (8) years of experience in full cycle recruitment and selection.
- Experience with full cycle recruitment and selection
- Experience working within the public sector, government agency, public education, or non-profit
- Experience with NeoGov electronic applicant tracking system
- Experience with PeopleSoft Human Resources Information System
- Outreach to cross-cultural communities
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or IPMA-HR certification
What you can expect from us:
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference and positively influence the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- We encourage our employees to develop their skills through on-site training and tuition reimbursement.
- We provide a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a good work/life balance.
We believe our employees are a key to our agency's success! In order to attract and retain high quality employees, the Council provides a highly competitive benefits package both in choice and coverage levels. Some highlights about our benefits are listed below:
- Guaranteed monthly retirement income through Minnesota State Retirement System pension fund
- Opportunity to save additional funds for retirement on a tax-deferred basis through a voluntary deferred compensation (457) plan
- Two or more medical plans from which to choose, with employer contribution towards premiums over 80%
- Dental insurance, life insurance and vision insurance
- Well@Work clinic
- bus/rail pass valued at over $1200 per year
- parking at many job locations
- fitness centers at many job locations
- Employee Assistance Program
- extensive health and wellness programs and resources
To apply click Talent Acquisition Spec 2