Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We’re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Remote Address - Remote City, Michigan 48001
This role is responsible to support various aspects of the recruitment and on-boarding process by conducting phone screens, scheduling interviews, and coordinating the interview, accordingly, assist with new hire orientation, etc. Also responsible to recruit for non-exempt and/or entry level positions within assigned business groups as necessary.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide recruitment support to the Talent Acquisition team to include, but not limited to, post jobs to career website(s), source resumes, conduct pre-screens, schedule interviews, and coordinate accordingly (i.e., act as primary contact for on-site interviews, set up video conferencing interviews, work with travel department to coordinate travel for candidates), conduct reference checks, coordinate background checks, prepare offer letters, etc.
- Identify potential candidates using various recruitment sources, interview, and select candidates for hire within assigned business groups.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements as it relates to the recruitment process, as well as internal Human Resource policy and procedures.
- Attend career fairs and coordinate career events/logistics, and act as a primary contact for colleges and university partnerships.
- Maintain effective working relationships with candidates, hiring managers and business partners to ensure a high level of customer service and to keep various contacts informed throughout the recruitment process as necessary.
- Administer special projects as assigned (i.e., military and diversity outreach, implementing networking groups within the organization, assist with targeted recruiting efforts, etc.)
- Assist with coordinating and conducting new hire orientation as necessary.
- Assist with creating specialized interview guides and prepare welcome packets for on-site interviews.
- May be responsible to assist with reviewing requisition forms and application/job posting tracking according to department processes.
- Code and process department invoices and work with vendors, finance or other departments as needed to ensure data accuracy.
- Responsible to pre-screen potential recruitment vendors/agencies to determine business need, costs, methods of outreach etc. and make recommendations to department manager should the company partner with vendor.
- Administer and maintain the relocation program and initiate relocation programs for newly hired associates and internal transfers.
- Conduct on-going regular status calls with vendor.
- Act as point of contact for the relocation vendor and liaison between associates and vendor as necessary.
- Review reports from relocation vendor and code invoices in timely manner reviewing for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Administer pre-employment screening process.
- Act as point of contact for the drug and background vendor and liaison between hiring managers, talent acquisition team and vendor as necessary reviewing for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assist with media placement via channels such as radio, newspaper, trade journals, internet sites, etc. for open positions.
- Administer Talent Acquisition reporting within the applicant tracking system as well as identified TA systems and technologies to share with TA team gather insights.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required) in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- One year recruiting experience in a corporate recruiting role. Experience with full lifecycle recruiting, experience managing the business partnership with hiring managers, and experience in social media sourcing strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience in a high-volume recruitment setting (i.e., hourly manufacturing or warehouse/distribution center hiring).
- Preferred experience: HR Generalist, knowledge in the Food, Retail and/or Distribution Industries, and/or working knowledge in an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action environment.
- Knowledge of the recruiting lifecycle, and related employment and labor related laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Must have strong organizational, prioritization, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the Internet. Previous experience with an applicant tracking system strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as required (company locations, job fairs, etc.).
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more here.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Consultant