Employee Relations & Talent Acquisition Manager
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for the direction and management of the employee relations and talent acquisition activities of the company. With direct oversight of the HR Generalist team, this position will coordinate efforts to ensure employee recruiting and onboarding activities along with employee policies and practices are aligned with our company strategies for continued growth. This position will lead and participate in various projects and events throughout the company as necessary.
Job Function 1: Employee Relations - 40%
- Provide direction and guidance to the HR Generalists, managers, and employees regarding personnel policies, practices, and employment laws.
- Promote and champion the company’s mission, vision, and culture by integrating the company’s fundamental beliefs in all programs and policies.
- Work with managers and employees on action plans regarding performance concerns, providing guidance and positive support.
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee concerns and complaints, harassment allegations or employment law related situations.
- Conduct exit interviews; collecting and analyzing exit survey data for trends and making make recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Work with managers and generalists to maintain up-to-date job descriptions.
- Assist employees, supervisors and department heads to settle work-related conflicts through advice and recommendation.
Job Function 2: Talent Acquisition - 40%
- Oversee the recruitment and onboarding process with the team and hiring managers, ensuring the effectiveness of the process with regard to identified business needs and goals.
- Oversee talent acquisition strategies, initiatives, and associated programs to source and attract qualified candidates; leveraging employee referrals and industry networks.
- Manage and coordinate recruitment efforts, ensuring consistent and best practices are followed as well as managing workflow to ensure timely turnarounds with heavy recruiting volume.
- Develop, streamline and enhance staffing process and systems, utilizing reports and metrics to identify trends and targets.
- Manages vendor relationships with staffing agencies and college placement offices.
- Manage applicant pre-employment testing and background check processes and vendor relationships, ensuring appropriate review and approvals are provided when needed.
- Determine attendance at appropriate job/career fairs with appropriate staff as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Actively recruits applicants for open positions as well as positions with steady turnover to build an active pipeline.
- Corresponds with applicants to inform them of employment possibilities, considerations, and selection.
- Reviews and screens applicants for positions, recommending qualified internal and external applications to the appropriate hiring manager for interview selection.
- Coordinate employment related testing, and provide appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinate the employee onboarding process to include employment offers, employee set up, orientation program, activities, and training schedule.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop promotional material and social media posts to aid in recruiting.
Job Function 3: Management and HR Team Member Responsibilities - 20%
- Provide oversight and direction to team for day-to-day responsibilities as well as assist other HR members to support various activities throughout the company.
- Monitor performance of Employee Relations team members, providing continuous feedback and formal goal setting through the formal review process.
- Develop team goals, objectives and tracking/reporting systems.
- Manage workflow of staff, coordinating and shifting resources to assigned areas as necessary
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Network and build relationships with other Human Resource professionals in communities we serve.
- Works with Training and Development Manager to facilitate training when needed on topics of expertise to employees or managers throughout the company.
- Participate as a HR project resource as assigned.
- Develop and maintains employee recognition and appreciation programs.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment laws.
- Assist with planning and coordinating employee functions, such as all employee meetings, parties, and recognition events.
- Support market specific company and community involvement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 5 or more years of HR experience, preferable in the financial services industry.
- 3 years management experience, with daily oversight of a department or team of individuals.
- PHR or SHRM-CP strongly preferred.
- Understanding and application of a variety of Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures.
- Analytical and problem-solving analysis skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and customer service focus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations.
- Effective verbal, written, and telephone skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrates effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment to accomplish goals.
- Creative, positive, and passionate for work.
- Adapts positively to continuous change.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply click Employee Relations & Talent Acquisition Manager