Talent Acquisition Specialist
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Faegre Drinker has an opportunity for a Talent Acquisition Specialist in our Minneapolis office. This position partners with hiring managers and HR business partners to recruit for open positions and actively advise on TA best practices. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to providing full-cycle recruiting for paraprofessional, administrative and operations positions. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Serve as an internal advisor and partner to guide hiring managers on talent acquisition strategies, best practices, policies and processes to efficiently and effectively source qualified candidates best aligned with the firm’s value and culture.
• Manage the TA lifecycle, from recruiting strategy, sourcing, screening and selection to the offer and onboarding.
• Act as the public face of the firm during the recruiting process to ensure a positive candidate experience from application through onboarding.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, competitors and recruitment best practices.
• Create and monitor job requisitions with accurate job descriptions, requirements, justifications, salary grades and approvals.
• Partner with hiring managers and recommend strategies for identifying and recruiting active and passive candidates.
• Identify key performance factors to develop sourcing and interviewing criteria.
• Assess and recommend qualified candidates by evaluating resumes and conducting initial phone interviews.
• Create targeted and behavioral based interview questions to assist hiring managers in selecting the candidates who will succeed in the firm’s culture of high performance.
• Coach hiring managers and interviewers with interviewing skills, ensuring the firm is compliant in its hiring practices.
• Collaborate with and recommend offer to hiring manager based on competencies, salary grade, compensation guidelines and internal equity.
• Extend offer of employment to candidates and ensure background and conflicts clearances have been completed in accordance with firm policies.
• Initiate the onboarding process for new hires.
• Collaborate with the compensation analysis team to help ensure competitive market pricing of firm positions.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with staffing vendors and recruiters.
• Recommend a preferred vendor list to ensure the presentation of top candidates while keeping cost effectiveness in mind.
• Set goals and objectives annually that support business needs and demands.
• Special projects and duties, as assigned.
• Strong commitment to client service.
• Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including across offices.
• Strong organization and management skills, with the ability to prioritize and delegate projects and tasks.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, including critical thinking, risk-taking and creativity.
• Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication.
• Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Positive and professional demeanor.
• Opportunity to participate in firm-sponsored volunteer events.
• Wellness programming with personalized content and activities.
• Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their fields.
• Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans.
• Generous paid time off.
• Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field required.
• 5+ years of human resources experience, including 3+ years of talent acquisition experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with applicant tracking systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet sourcing methodology, including Boolean search logic.
• Solid working knowledge of broad HR functional areas, including applicable federal and state employment laws.
Faegre Drinker is a top 50 firm designed for clients. With more than 1,300 experienced attorneys, consultants and professionals in 21 locations across the United States, United Kingdom and China, we partner with clients ranging from emerging startups to multinational corporations, delivering comprehensive and customized advice to advance their most ambitious business objectives. Our culture is firmly rooted in relentless client focus and mutual trust that empowers collaboration. We are committed to our communities and to building a diverse and inclusive firm that reflects those communities and our clients. Bolstered by our collective history, Faegre Drinker moves boldly into the future, investing in the talent, technology and innovation to continually provide clients with exceptional service, collaborative experiences, innovative approaches and value.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist