Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM) @Spok
Location: Alexandria, VA or Eden Prairie, MN (Hybrid)
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources and Administration and in collaboration with the HR leadership team, build and execute a strategy and plans to attract, develop, and retain top talent to support the growth of Spok’s fast-paced technology organization. The Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM) is responsible for driving hiring efforts for multiple job openings of various skill types, with a heavy emphasis on technical positions. Responsible for developing best practices for talent benchmarking, talent assessment, talent sourcing, interviewing effectiveness, and execution of Spok’s sourcing, outreach, and recruiting campaigns to meet or exceed recruiting goals. Leads a team of internal talent acquisition professionals as well as external staffing resources when required. Acts as a trusted recruiting advisor to the management group, using strong collaboration and communication skills to influence hiring decisions and activities, and effectively meet the organization’s staffing needs. The TAM is expected to carry requisitions in addition to managing the recruitment process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
With Human Resources leadership, sets the vision, strategy, and goals for talent acquisition both domestic and international. Uses recruiting best practices for a competitive edge over competing companies.
Work with technical subject matter experts and hiring managers to accurately define the job descriptions, required skills and technical requirements for positions, creating the ideal candidate profile.
Screen, source and manage the candidate flow and end-to-end interview and hiring process.
Negotiate complex offers to close candidates by leveraging experience competing for top technical talent.
Partners closely with HR leadership and department Vice Presidents to develop, optimize and drive an efficient, consistent recruiting process from talent attraction and candidate identification to onsite assessment, offer proposal and negotiation, through onboarding.
Works with HR leadership to ensure effective infrastructure is in place by preparing, evaluating, and modifying, as required, all recruiting policies, procedures, and processes. Improves the recruiting process and tools to drive higher acceptance rates, lower days to fill, lower costs per hire and superior candidate experience. Manages relationships with external staffing resources.
Defines, develops, and measures weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual recruiting metrics (qualitative and quantitative) in collaboration with the leadership team. Provides a cadence of reports including pipeline and results to HR management for presentation. Analyzes reports of hiring and terminations and recommends tactics and strategies to support the timely accomplishment of staffing goals for the company. Assists in the development of strategies, plans and marketing materials to promote the recruitment and retention of talent.
Leads, trains, develops, and manages talent acquisition professionals. Develops the overall strategy and direction for delivering a high level of performance against hiring plans. Allocates recruiting assignments and projects to the Talent Acquisition Professionals and Contractors. Develops and implements a cohesive day-to-day recruiting operation and related programs including effective recruiting and sourcing strategies to attract top-tier diverse talent across all areas of Spok using tools such as direct sourcing, online resume databases, or social networking, university placement opportunities, and employee referral programs, and third-party placement firms for difficult to find skill sets based on the position requirements.
Participates in tech conferences and meetups to network with IT professionals; attends College recruiting events or hiring events.
Leads the development and implementation of Affirmative Action Plans and for supporting the achievement of the plan goals. Creatively searches for and compiles resources to ensure diversity of the candidate pool. Ensures candidates for selection are representative of the respective population.
Partners with HR leadership to ensure offers are within budget and align with company compensation structure. Assists Talent Acquisition team in offer negotiation process as needed.
Manages relationships with third-party job posting companies (Linked In, Indeed); AI-powered talent search engines such as SeekOut; and diversity management vendor. Manages relationships with contingent and retained recruiters for positions below VP adjusting strategy for optimal ROI.
Develops and implements training with recruitment team and hiring managers on recruiting process, behavioral event interviewing, and assessment tools and processes such as TopGrading for Sales selection program. Evaluates and recommends additional assessment tools for hiring and to address turnover.
Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees to help identify and source candidates as well as actively maintain a pipeline of talent.
Identifies and evaluates trends in recruiting, including local conditions near Spok offices, economic conditions, and competitive institutions to develop innovative strategic plans to respond quickly to these trends.
Manages and promotes employee referral program and internal job mobility opportunities. Collaborates on the development of marketing materials and Spoknet content to promote Spok’s hiring efforts.
Manages and ensures compliance with OFCCP, EEO, Affirmative Action, and SOX processes and programs. Ensures all documentation requirements are met regarding applicant flow, interviews, and hiring decisions. Collaborates with compliance vendors to complete annual Affirmative Action Plan and responds to audit inquiries and requirements as needed.
May directly supervise 1-4 employees.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science preferred) and experience in talent acquisition within a software development company is a plus.
- 5 plus years of corporate recruiting experience and 3+ years of recruiting experience specifically for IT, technical, and software development positions.
- Proven success with remote hiring in the USA and APAC.
- 2+ years of experience leading a talent acquisition team in a technical recruiting environment.
- Experience identifying and connecting with passive and “Purple Squirrel” candidates.
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g., phone, MS Teams, Zoom, FaceTime).
- Solid knowledge of sourcing tools and search techniques such as Boolean Strings, Cold Calling, SeekOut, LinkedIn, Indeed, Github, AI platforms etc.
- Knowledge of .Net/C# technology stack.
- Experience pre-screening qualified, interested, and available (QIA) candidates for technical roles to ensure only highly qualified candidates move forward.
- Experience in producing and presenting regular reports to leadership on search results.
- Demonstrated proficiency in cost-effective searches & attainment of outstanding talent in a competitive market.
- Experience with employment policies/procedures and compliance and reporting to federal and state regulations, EEO, ADA, OFCCP, and Affirmative Action requirements.
- Strong analytical and communication skills - ability to work cross functionally between the business and the internal staffing team and vertically with leadership.
- Ability to promote and market the company brand to attract external candidates and retain employees.
- Ability to consult, influence, and persuade applicants and negotiate compensation.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced & constantly evolving environment.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems (ATS) such as Jobvite or Ultipro, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of software technology role requirements and awareness of tech trends.
- Self-driven and highly motivated, with a true sense of ownership from start to finish.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Go® and Spok Care Connect® platforms to enhance workflows for clinicians and support administrative compliance. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. When seconds count and patients’ lives are at stake, Spok enables smarter, faster clinical communication. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
Spok is a trademark of Spok Holdings, Inc. Spok Go and Spok Care Connect are trademarks of Spok, Inc.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
To apply click Talent Acquisition Manager