Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We create breakthrough products – in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that help you, your family and your community lead healthier lives, full of unlimited possibilities. Today, 107,000 of us are working to make a lasting impact on health in the more than 160 countries we serve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partners with managers to identify needs, job specifications, and qualifications necessary to fill positions.
- Develops and implements organizational recruiting strategies to attract and find the best qualified candidates; is able to sell to candidates the company, the function and role.
- Creates recruitment advertising and online postings. Sources candidates through online social networking and job boards, community involvement, professional networking, local media resources, employee referrals, agency referrals and other sources as needed.
- Assesses potential candidates for fit within the position identified, including skills, education, and experience and also competency and company culture alignment.
- Conducts interviews by evaluating employment factors such as job experience, education, training, skills, knowledge and abilities and other data relevant to the selection process. Partners with HR Business Partners and managers to further evaluate candidates after on-site interviews. Ensures candidates meet minimum job requirements.
- Prepares, extends and negotiates competitive job offers.
- Builds strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and HR and ensures a high level of customer service.
- Keeps hiring managers informed throughout the recruitment process.
- Develops and executes on innovative methods to source, evaluate, and pipeline external passive, diverse candidates for potential employment.
- Maintains integrity of all staffing process records within Workday applicant tracking system
- Manages external vendor relationships with key hires or hard to fill requisitions.
- Strives for continuous improvement on key performance metrics such as time-to-fill and satisfaction surveys.
- Attends recruitment events as needed.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements. Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Accesses and utilizes HR information systems and data to run reports and validate, analyze, and utilize global employee data.
- Completes recruitment projects as requested.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Recruiting.
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter and other tools/social media as well as proactive recruiting and sourcing.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the Internet.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, problem resolution, and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and networks.
- Ability to follow-up, communicate effectively and work with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of employment systems, preferably Workday.
- Capable of working with C-level Executives
- Strong Ability to be a "closer" in a highly competitive market.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Prior recruiting experience in the medical device industry strongly preferred.
- Prior recruitment agency experience a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A FAST-PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT where your safety is our priority (Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are CLEAN, WELL-LIT AND TEMPERATURE-CONTROLLED (Manufacturing roles only)
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- FINANCIAL SECURITY through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- HEALTH CARE AND WELL-BEING PROGRAMS including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- PAID TIME OFF
- 401(K) retirement savings with a generous company match
- THE STABILITY OF A COMPANY with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
To apply click Senior Specialist Talent Acquisition