Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
As a senior recruiter for Viking Electric, you will be responsible for defining, developing, and executing an effective full-cycle recruiting strategy to fill open positions across all levels of the organization. You will work closely with hiring managers and the HR team as recruiting business partner to manage all aspects of the recruiting process including Viking’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS), employer branding strategy and recruiting budget. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable employment laws and government legislation including Affirmative Action Plans (AAP) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Essential job functions include:
- Define and develop an ongoing talent acquisition strategy for Viking Electric including:
- Establish a consistent recruiting process for recruiters and hiring managers focused on a positive candidate experience
- Train and coach hiring managers on using and following recruiting processes including the ATS.
- Create documentation and resources to support hiring managers with recruiting and interviewing
- Measure effectiveness of TA strategy by tracking recruiting metrics
- Update the talent acquisition strategy as required by best practices or business changes
- Consistently execute talent acquisition strategy to fill open positions
- Developing an applicant pipeline for open positions
- Creating and managing requisitions and job postings in the ATS
- Efficiently and effectively screening and assessing applicants
- Interviewing and selecting top candidates
- Compensation and offer process
- Onboarding experience
- Develop talent pipeline across multiple markets
- Proactively source candidates as needed
- Manage Viking Electric’s employer brand and act as a brand ambassador
- Build relationships with potential recruiting sources
- Develop appropriate recruitment advertising strategy including social media
- Establish relationships with management, associates, and the HR team that will enable the HR function to be viewed as an integral part of the business.
- Partner with the rest of Viking Electric’s HR team to ensure we are meeting the needs of our internal customers and addressing all
- Partner with Sonepar USA and manage the Applicant Tracking System and other recruiting resources for Viking Electric such as LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor accounts.
This position will be eligible for a hybrid remote/office work schedule.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and staffing functions within a multi-site, multi-state company.
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading full life cycle recruitment efforts.
- Good technology skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), Microsoft Teams, ATS & recruiting programs
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, organization, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and coaching skills.
- Ability to explain information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Understanding of EEO, EEOC, OFFCP, and other employment and labor laws.
- At least 5-7 years of full life-cycle recruitment experience.
- Experience developing and managing recruitment strategy.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System required.
- Experience with an Onboarding System preferred.
Viking Electric is a wholesale electrical distributor and solutions provider with 23 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Chicago, Ill. The company was founded in 1964, in St. Paul, Minnesota to serve the needs of the electrical industry. Viking Electric serves residential and commercial electrical contractors, industrial, tool, and related markets. The company stocks more than 30,000 products from 400 manufacturers including electrical supplies, lighting, power tools, hand tools, wire and cable, automation, data com, switchgear, and more. Viking Electric is a Sonepar Company. vikingelectric.com
Check out the Viking Electric LinkedIn Company Page for more company info and insights from our associates.
Viking Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
To apply click Senior Recruiter