Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Midwest Veterinary Supply
Midwest Veterinary Supply is seeking a Recruiting Coordinator for our Lakeville, MN corporate office.
Provide recruitment support to the Human Resources department. Facilitate timely completion of the recruitment and onboarding process in compliance with applicable employment-related laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and assist with recruitment efforts for all regular and temporary employees, to include posting open positions; administering applicant tracking system; scheduling interviews; performing pre-employment assessments, background checks, and drug screens; facilitating new hire orientation; and preparing new hire documents. Help ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and all mandated reporting requirements.
- Answer manager, employee, and applicant questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Assist with other HR functions including maintenance of HRIS system, processing employee status changes, maintenance of both electronic and paper department files, planning and organizing employee engagement and appreciation activities, and processing employment verifications for current and former employees.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- high school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required
- A degree in Human Resource Management is preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a professional work setting is preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedural manuals
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer applications to include Microsoft Office
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills, project management skills, and the ability to multitask
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- The ability to effectively work with others throughout the organization
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Regular interaction with people, team-player
- Frequent deadlines must be met requiring a fast pace of work and stress
- Regular contact with co-workers
- Continuous use of hands for writing and computer keyboard
- Continuous use of a computer monitor requiring close vision
- Frequent use of a telephone – listening and speaking
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Regularly uses typical office equipment including computer keyboard and terminal, telephone,
fax and copier.
Work will typically be performed Monday through Friday. Working more than 40 hours per workweek may be required.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical and Dental insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation celebrations.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please click here to visit our Careers page. California residents, click here to view the California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.
To apply click Recruiting Coordinator