Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Starkey Hearing Technologies
JOB SUMMARY DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
The Recruiter is responsible for executing the Recruitment process including but not limited to defining, searching, qualifying, assessing, and selecting candidates. The Recruiter leads the recruitment process to identify and hire highly qualified and professional candidates at Starkey. The core responsibility of talent acquisition is to get “the right people, at the right time, in the right place, for the right price.”
Recruiters are responsible for managing role definition, sourcing strategy and the recruiting process. This includes managing relationships with all external and internal service providers as it relates to staffing and other HR related activities.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES /RESULTS (List responsibilities in order of importance or where majority of time is spent, starting with the most important/majority)
Build strong and trusting relationships with the hiring managers within your assigned business unit(s) to help influence, drive and guide the recruiting process.
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the business and the marketplace in order to better support the assigned business unit and provide insight into the ways to improve the hiring process
Partner with hiring managers to define their needs for open positions.
- Meet and interview managers to better understand the details of requisitions and role-related structure of the related departments/organizations:
- Define Job Description
- Discuss staffing/placement options including:
- Project based positions
- Permanent placement
- Discuss strategic departmental direction
Generate a diverse pool of candidates/applicants for open requisitions.
- Leverage various recruiting sources including:
- Starkey’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Internet searches
- Cold calling
- Employee referrals
- Competitor contacts
- Trade associations
- Professional networking
- Social networks
- Qualify candidates by conducting telephone, video conference interviews.
- Provide coaching and advice to candidates and hiring managers throughout the interviewing process.
- Review employment applications and resumes evaluating work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, and other qualifications of applicants.
- Refer qualified candidates to the hiring manager for review and offer recommendations to manager based on findings.
- Administer pre-employment personality/competency assessments
- Administer skills assessments relevant to the job if applicable
Extend and negotiate employment offers.
- Create, negotiate and extend employment offer letters for identified candidates
- Generate offer letters based on predetermined components defined by Starkey
Manage sourcing strategy for open and future requisitions.
- Identify and leverage different media outlets to communicate and market open requisitions
- Place advertisements/job postings in select job boards, websites, or other outlets as necessary to attract qualified candidate pool
- Evaluate whether the need for external recruiting expertise would be beneficial for each requisition
- Generate referrals from existing employees, references, trade organizations, etc.
Ensure recruiting practices adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and adherence to applicable federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to:
- Equal employment opportunity
- Company policy
- Legal aspects of the recruiting process
- Trade shows
- Professional organizations
- Internal marketing
Continue touch-points with new hires throughout the employee tenure.
- Measure engagement level of new hires and satisfaction in their role
- Generate referrals for potential future openings
- Adherence to scorecard measurements and expectations
Minimum Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Education: 4-year degree or equivalent required
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in recruiting roles
Knowledge / Technical Requirements (List any programs, technologies, knowledge required to perform essential job responsibilities)
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and practices
Competencies, Skills & Abilities (List Additional competencies, skills and abilities to be successful in the job; i.e. Ability to communicate details and requests with professionalism and accuracy)
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to travel for networking and sourcing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- This position regularly comes in contact with departmental / company / industry confidential information
- This position has access to personnel files, salary information and termination information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply click Recruiter