Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Lathrop GPM is a full-service, Am Law 200 law firm with offices in Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Overland Park, St. Cloud, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. **This job can be located at either our Minneapolis, MN or Kansas City, MO office locations.
Primarily responsible for supporting all aspects of the associate attorney recruitment function including: providing support to the Director of Legal Recruiting, Legal Talent Manager and Attorney Recruiting Committee; assisting with and providing support for summer and lateral associate, patent agent, and technical specialist recruitment and selection; assisting with orientation for new attorneys and summer associates; assisting in the coordination of associate training, mentoring and performance evaluation and providing back up assistance with CLE compliance as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides support for summer and lateral associate recruitment and selection.
· Summer Associate Hiring (1L and 2L)/On Campus Interviewing
o Works closely with Associate Recruiting Committee and assist with recruiting processes (both 1L and 2L)
o Assists with law school outreach initiatives, including local employer receptions, in-house programs and community events
o Works with Legal Talent Manager to ensure recruiting materials (including firm web site and Symplicity profile) are updated
o Coordinates the arrangements with law schools for on campus interviewing
o Ensures that campus interviewers receive the needed materials before going to campus
o Schedules all initial and extended interviews for summer associate candidates
o Assists with law student travel expense reimbursement as necessary
o Prepares status reports of offers made after extended interviews
o Updates NALP form for review by Legal Talent Manager. Posts form with NALP according to NALP’s timing deadlines and ensures posting on appropriate gpmlaw.com recruiting pages.
o Attends the local recruiting professional meetings in our hiring markets
· Lateral Associate/Patent Agent/Technical Specialist Hiring
o Oversees maintenance of recruiting database/files for all lateral candidate searches
o Assists Legal Talent Manager with scheduling initial and call back interviews for lateral candidates
o Maintains candidate feedback and interviewer notes
o Provides information to lateral associate applicants as needed or as directed by Director of Legal Recruiting and Legal Talent Manager
o Prepares follow-up letters and tracks all attorney applicant data
o Tracking candidate due diligence requirements (background checks, due diligence form, references)
· ATS Administration
o Oversees that applicant statuses are updated
o Develops and runs reports, as needed
o Maintains recruiting firm materials
· Coordinating the firm’s summer associate program in all offices
o Oversees the day-to-day functions of the summer program
o Coordinates the planning of summer associate social events as directed by the social coordinators and Legal Talent Manager
o Schedules weekly meeting with practice group leaders
o Helps coordinate lunches for summer associates with attorneys
o Coordinates training programs for summer associates
o Sets up viDesktop workload / evaluation process
o Schedules evaluation discussion and review meetings
· Coordinating on-boarding process for all attorneys, patent agent, technical specialists in all offices including new hire orientation schedules, prepare welcome materials for new hires and create arrival checklist
· Provides back-up support for the CLE Coordinator including assisting with scheduling of associate professional development programs
· Supports Human Resources administrative functions on miscellaneous projects as necessary
· Makes recommendations to management for improvement of firm’s attorney employment policies, procedures, and practices
· College degree and two plus years of relevant recruiting/human resources experience, preferred
· Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
· Ability to establish priorities and remain flexible
· Proactive, strategic thinker with acute attention to detail
· Team player
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from a Lathrop GPM HR Manager will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS
To apply click Legal Talent Coordinator