University Relations Recruiter II
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
About our group:
The Global Talent Management team is building a world-class talent strategy that aims to maximize our employees’ potential by delivering robust end-to-end talent solutions. Our goal is to create an empowered, agile, innovative workforce to meet the needs of our future business while promoting a positive employee experience. This is a unique hybrid role where you will source, engage and hire intern, early career and veteran talent in a fast-paced and exciting environment. This position will be based in our Normandale, MN office and will provide extensive interaction with Seagate’s Human Resources (HR) & Talent Acquisition teams, executives, and hiring managers.
About the role - you will:
- Drive university recruitment processes: requisitions/ requirements, sourcing, candidate selection, campus interviews, candidate care, offer management, and onboarding
- Influence branding strategy and identify multiple access points to reach students at portfolio schools
- Promote UR program through various advertising channels and social media such as university career sites, campus organizations, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc.
- Work with business leaders and recruiters to plan, organize and execute university-based recruitment events
- Deliver university recruitment presentations for internal & external audiences
- Manage a portfolio of colleges and universities and cultivate new relationships to source talented interns and early career talent
- Build relationships that will enable Seagate to leverage our investments with campus deans, faculty/staff members in target schools/degree programs, career service representatives, advisors, student leaders, relevant student groups on campus, and alumni groups
- Manage the Internship Program for the California market to include funding request, speaker sessions, professional network events, and variety of communications prior to onboarding and during the internship program
- Partner to help implement a veteran recruitment strategy, market research, recommend and utilize tools like DoD SkillBridge and Army PaYs and develop appropriate marketing strategies
- Have a passion for recruiting and sourcing diverse candidate groups including but not limited to Veterans
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence, inform and guide others
- Ability to speak and present in large and small groups
- Confidence to function with limited supervision and resolve most client, candidate and recruiting issues without escalation
Your experience includes:
- Driving university recruiting programs for college graduates and interns
- Campus speaking engagements and presentations for various staff and executive meetings
- Talent Acquisition (TA) related applications / tools, eg. ATS, CRM, LinkedIn Groups
- Partnering to help implement strategies for hiring diverse candidate pools including Veterans
- Knowledge of recruitment tools and marketing channels that could be leveraged to hire Veterans
- Data analytics by using Microsoft Excel (Ex. Pivot Table and V-look up)
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
You might also have:
- Military service
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed at our Normandale, MN location.
Location: Normandale, MN
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Estimated travel 1 week a month from June through November of each year for related campus events, onboarding of interns and etc.
Travel: Up to 25%
At Seagate, our mission is to give people peace of mind by protecting their digital lives.
Since 1978, Seagate has been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We help people harness and maximize the datasphere.
Seagate couldn't do any of that without its employees—a diverse workforce of 40,000 creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world. From the Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, Thailand, through China, our people are proud to embody the values of integrity, innovation, and inclusion.
Consider joining them. Open up your world.
Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.
For information on how Seagate collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please review the applicant privacy statement.
To apply click University Relations Recruiter II