Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Assist the talent acquisition team with recruitment efforts while providing superior internal and external customer service.
- Own the candidate background check process including being the main point of contact to both vendor and potential new hires. Identify ways to improve the process to create internal efficiencies and elevate the candidate experience.
- Lead Form I-9 processing with both new hires and vendor to ensure compliance and ease of use for candidates.
- Manage all new hire processes and paperwork are completed correctly and on time.
- Direct and own all the activities for each new hire’s first day to ensure equipment, pictures, and any other details are completed.
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation (NHO).
- Manage incoming calls, communications, documents and other tasks in an organized effective manner that promotes a positive candidate experience.
- Assist with team’s recruitment activities responding to questions in the external channels and the internal HR systems for current and accurate recruiting information.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts with recruiters and leaders in an effort to ensure effectiveness and satisfaction with a quality talent acquisition process.
- Schedule daily phone, video and in person interviews for the talent acquisition team and leaders as required.
- Create and prepare interview materials and documents to reflect Midco’s company culture and provide further understanding of the organization and role.
- Arrange travel, transportation and accommodations for in person interview needs.
- Track job posting information for each opening as part of the marketing plan and for compliance purposes.
- Post positions to external resources such as job boards, social networking sites, etc.
- Manage all processes within our intern program such as coordinate or lead training sessions and onboarding/offboarding sessions, as well as create and develop specialize programs,
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external customers to ensure exceptional service.
- Demonstrate courage by tackling tough issues while acknowledging own limitations without compromising integrity.
- Remove obstacles for team members. Encourage creative solutions.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Communicate clear expectations that set a high bar while holding team members accountable to reach these goals.
- Demonstrate business acumen by using data to drive decisions and actions.
- Model flexibility, resiliency and change management skills by staying self-aware, constantly learning, and
- finding ways to cut through ambiguous problems.
- Identify root causes of problems and implement solutions while keeping a holistic and long-term perspective in mind.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor’s experience preferred
- 3 years of human resources experience required.
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated strength in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in onboarding new hires, new hire paperwork, interviewing, and internship programs preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- Employees may be required to work other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of communications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than 440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community service
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Coordinator