Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
City of Minneapolis
$69,715.36 - $81,571.36 Annually
Public Service Center, 250 South 4th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Fri. 07/16/21 11:59 PM Central Time
Open to the public
As the largest and most vibrant city in the state, Minneapolis depends on purposeful, dedicated and innovative employees. Minneapolis has a large variety of careers for people of all experiences and backgrounds who come together for a singular purpose—serving the residents, businesses and visitors of Minneapolis.
The City of Minneapolis has a strong commitment to the equitable recruitment and retention of a talented and diverse workforce. The Recruiter is a key member of the Human Resources Department that partners with City departments and HR teams to provide centralized recruitment services to align with City and department goals and maintain a portfolio of available services.
The Recruiter is a full-time, exempt position, and may include evening and/or weekend work as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and maintain sourcing strategies to attract qualified, diverse applicants by using a variety of current and emerging processes and technologies. (print and electronic advertising, social media, job fairs, networking and engaging with potential candidates, database searches, college/university/trade school programs, community agencies, workforce centers, veteran organizations and professional organizations).
- Develop and execute enterprise-wide targeted recruitment strategies to meet the changing needs of the city.
- Incorporate equity concepts, strategies and tactics into recruitment initiatives.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in departments to build awareness of the City's employer brand, train on how to represent the city, and ensure we are working together to cohesively promote the city as an employer of choice.
- Partner with department heads, managers, supervisors and HR staff to identify targeted recruitment needs and enhance recruitment strategies to align with specific needs of the customer, emphasis on (but not limited to) under-represented positions and hard to fill roles.
- Maintain recruitment marketing materials (recruiting brochures, giveaways, etc.), obtain quotes for products and materials, assist in the design of products and materials, and manage and track inventory.
- Create and execute an annual community engagement plan to include all levels of professional and diverse talent. Including research and selection of recruitment events (colleges/universities, community partners, etc.) that align with goals: personally attend events and speaking engagements, find other department volunteers to attend, prepare tools needed for event, track ROI.
- Maintain job knowledge, including knowledge of all City departments' business and operation needs, by proactively seeking information, participation in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, networking, and participating in professional organizations.
- Serve as lead brand ambassador and implement branding strategies and key messages into marketing, including assisting in the development of individual position marketing statements with HR staff.
- Develop content for social media and other online and print resources and serve as the primary system administrator, editor and publisher of various social media platforms. Partnering with communications and other departments as needed.
- Participate in monthly meetings and community engagement activities with other public sector partners to raise awareness of jobs in government, create and streamline processes to engage with potential candidates.
- Act as the primary editor in the maintenance and refreshing of content on the Job Opportunities section of the public website.
- Share expertise to educate others involved in hiring and selection on targeted recruiting techniques and concepts.
- Create and maintain an internal recruitment Sharepoint site to be used as a communication piece and toolkit for both HR and department recruitment partners across the City.
- Create and maintain analytics specific to recruiting strategies, including but not limited to, targeted job postings, social media job features, social media content calendar.
- Plan and facilitate community information sessions to attract qualified and diverse applicants.
- Keep abreast of labor trends in the industry and recommend best practices related to recruitment and talent pipeline strategies and initiatives.
- Assist with applicant inquires (phone, email, in person) in regards to their application status/hiring process.
- Serve as a back-up to step in and function as an HR Representative and/or HR Associate in full-cycle recruitment and administration of hiring processes in assigned department(s).
- Lead or participate in various projects.
Normal office environment. A combination of remote and on-site work location(s).
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Psychology, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field.
Two years of experience leading the execution of recruitment strategies aligned with business objectives for targeted, hard-to-fill positions. Professional experience must include the use of social media platforms as a communications and marketing channel for targeted recruiting purposes.
An equivalent combination of education and highly related experience in a similar environment may be considered.
- Experience in public sector/government
- PHR, SPHR or comparable HR certification
You are strongly encouraged to upload a current resume to your application.
The selection process will consist of a rating of relevant education and experience (100%). It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. This information will be used to determine which candidates will proceed in the selection process. A submitted application is also used to verify the answers to any supplemental questions. Only those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications stated above will be placed on the eligible list.
The City has determined that a criminal background check and/or qualifications check may be necessary for certain positions with this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be further considered for the position.
Eligible List Statement
The names of applicants who meet minimum qualification shall be placed on the eligible list for employment consideration. The eligible list will expire three months after it has been established.
The hiring authority reserves the right to determine the maximum number of candidates to interview from the established eligible list. If the hiring authority decides to interview other than by exam score order, they may select additional people to interview based on a candidate’s education or experience related to the field, work history, or skills uniquely related to the operational needs of the position.
This position is not represented by a collective bargaining unit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including, but not limited to, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, interpersonal communication, classification, conflict resolution, Federal and State respective employment laws.
- Good perspective of client's business and operation needs: understanding of department business functions, including an effective level of business literacy about each department's financial position, its strategic plans, and its culture.
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and programs.
- Effective and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent consulting, interpersonal, collaboration, analytical, creative, negotiations skills, ability to build strong relationships and influence without authority.
- Strong multi-cultural skills and ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of modern office software including the ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable laws, principles and best practices pertaining to employment, affirmative action, and effective recruitment strategies and methodologies.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national labor market trends.
- Experience using social media and community outreach to identify and proactively source diverse candidates.
- Knowledge and understating of legal, reputational and perceptional risks and best practices in using social media tools for employment / brand marketing.
- Ability to understand the needs of all departments and successfully recruit for the appropriate talent in the broader labor market.
- Familiarity with website maintenance and HTML code.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Self-direction and motivational skills, ability to use a considerable amount of independent judgment around workload.
- Good time management skills, ability to multi-task and deal with competing priorities.
- Forward thinking and creative with solutions.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to groups of people.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration and adaptability is important.
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid work environment where some key team members and partners are in different locations and/or work remotely.
To apply click Recruiter