Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
We are seeking a Talent Specialist to join our Business Affairs Team in Content Production.
The Integrated Production Department at Carmichael Lynch is a creatively led team that focuses on craft, efficiency, collaboration, problem-solving and storytelling. We are a talented mix of proactive, curious and kind people who love to use both the left and right sides of our brain.
As a Talent Specialist, you will be responsible for management of the SAG talent process, be a partner and resource for producers and integrated team on all talent questions and an expert in the ever evolving world of talent.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review boards/concepts with producer and BA and help determine the most appropriate way to produce the work.
- Estimate talent residuals per concept and media buy information.
- Once producers book the talent we review booking sheet prior to shoot.
- Managing Station 12 talent clearance process to confirm clearance to work for each performer.
- Process any necessary Taft Hartley documents to avoid claims
- Creation and organization of session documents (SAG contracts, tax forms, contracts for still usage or new media/internet contracts) provided to the producer and production company for the shoot days.
- When a shoot is wrapped, you will review all completed talent contracts, create session pay authorization docs and submit to payroll services to ensure performers are accurately paid for their work day including session fee, allowances, meal penalties, etc.
- When spots are finalized, partner with Business Affairs and producer to complete Final Cast for each deliverable which involves:
- Determine which performers remain on-camera principles
- Downgrading and/or outgrading performers
- Determining whether the versions/cutdowns qualify as an allowable edit under SAG
- Doing this all in a timely manner to avoid late fees for the client, with the T&R budget in mind
- Maintain contacts with SAG-AFTRA/JPC and TEAM to ensure we’re up to date regarding changes in rates, contract requirements or special provisions.
- Estimates talent residuals based on final cast and updated media plan
- Budget management of residual costs for all client content which involves authorizing payment for and tracking usage, keeping account management appraised of upcoming cycle payment dates on a timely basis to assure client approvals occur promptly
- Communicates constantly with talent payroll services to confirm that talent session and residual payments are made accurately and promptly to avoid late fees and penalties from the union
- Partner closely with finance to confirm invoices are paid to payroll services promptly
- Renegotiates with agents to reinstate released commercials or extend expiring commercials
- Manages with BA the resolution of any potential claims with talent unions
- Educate internal team and clients on talent rules, best practices and guidelines.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical-thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written, negotiation and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Ability to quickly transition between projects and different clients
- Ability to communicate the role of Talent Specialist and goals of projects to internal and external partners
- You like to wrap up every last detail, keep people informed, take pride in a well-crafted email and can multi-task both large and small details, while staying present and focused on the task at hand.
- You are confident in what you know and equally confident that you have a lot to learn. You approach every opportunity with an open, curious mind.
- You are confident in your talent experience and have a strong network of support to find solutions to new challenges, advocate for the best production approach to support the creative vision and can inspire others to take calculated risk to elevate the work.
- You like partnering with others and value building strong, genuine relationships with people. You are approachable for others to ask questions, challenge your thinking and have direct, honest conversations based on respect and collaboration.
- You have a creative point of view and a solutions-driven mind. You are able to articulate your thoughts and talent facts clearly to a dynamic group of people
- You have a track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical-thinking skills while maintaining composure and integrity in stressful situations.
- Your main character vibes include being a self-starting, go-getter who can manage a zillion things without breaking a (visible) sweat while keeping your sense of humor and approachability.
- You have a presence on a team that conveys competence, calm, collaboration and clarity. You speak to everyone, from CEO’s to interns, with the same level of respect, clarity, honesty and collaboration.
- The friend your friends know they can count on. You have a willingness to go above and beyond and lend a helping hand.
- You do not need to be the loudest voice in the room or the name listed first as you are confident in your value, your strengths and your importance in supporting the greater team and creative vision without ego.
- After-hours, weekend work may be required
- Remote work is an option
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Being a part of a creative agency with award winning work for premiere and diverse brands
- Being a member of a tight inclusive integrated production team that supports, advises and shares knowledge on a regular basis.
- Partnership with seasoned producers with a variety of styles and backgrounds
- Regular check-ins with Director of Integrated Production and Business Affairs to help support your growth and set you up for success on your projects.
- Professional development (biannual performance reviews, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.).
- A competitive, equitable salary (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness).
- A strong, vibrant, continually evolving diversity, equity and inclusion belief in thought and action, encompassing our agency and our employee resource groups (ERGs), recognizing all voices need to be heard.
- Competitive, company- and employee-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 12-week maternity leave, six-week parental leave, 20 paid company holidays, family-building benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- 3+ years of applicable experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all union rules/guidelines pertaining to talent matters
- Working and current knowledge of SAG-AFTRA and AFM union contracts
- Strong collaboration, communication and negotiation skills
- Proactive and self-motivator
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
To apply click Talent Specialist