Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! We are currently seeking a skilled HR professional to join our corporate support team as a Talent Acquisition Specialist. This role will support the business by owning full cycle talent acquisition for all divisions of Sherman Associates. This role will also be actively involved in recruitment and retention improvement initiatives.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about finding and developing talent. Ideally, you will come to us with 2+ years of relevant HR / talent acquisition experience with exempt and non-exempt positions. Candidates must be based in the Greater Twin Cities Area and should expect to work in a hybrid model including some in-office and telework. Onsite Downtown Minneapolis parking is currently provided at no cost. Travel <5% as needed.
- Writes captivating job ads and post positions on internal and external sites.
- Maintains the Applicant Tracking System (currently ATS OnDemand) and updates job requirements and job descriptions before any posting. Works closely with supervisor and HR team to regularly evaluate processes and revise as needed.
- Utilizes tools such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and others to provide proactive sourcing and engagement with external talent.
- Actively sources and engages with passive-talent for core focus positions.
- Assists Internal Applicants through the internal process and manager internal transfers.
- Conducts timely and thorough resume reviews, effective screening calls, and forwards applicants to business partners.
- Conducts motivation/behavioral based interviews and assists business partners in selecting the most qualified talent.
- Administers skill assessments, background checks, and pre-hire physical testing when applicable.
- Coordinates with business partners to assist with making verbal offers and generates legally compliant offer letters.
- Leads candidate onboarding experience, including online onboarding paperwork and in person introduction to Sherman’s culture and values.
- Facilitates one module regarding recruiting and retention for monthly new-hire orientation.
- Works closely with, and builds strong relationships with Talent Acquisition vendors, agency affiliates, and community partners.
- Attends job fairs and develops professional relationships with program leaders and organizations such as MHA.
- Ensures a high level of service and communication regarding all openings to business partners.
- Assists with creating recaps, data insights, and recruiting metrics.
- Leads regular Talent Acquisition meetings with business partners to seek feedback, provide updates, and ensure their needs are met.
- Consistently looks for ways to improve and expand recruiting, assessments, and interviewing processes.
- Works closely with the HR Manager and VP of HR to create and implement the company recruitment strategy and budget.
- Conducts and analyzes exit interviews for retention themes.
- Participates in Workforce Planning and strategic talent management initiatives.
- Collaborates with the HR/Learning teams and completes other duties and projects as identified on the annual business plan or as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of prior experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, or HR Coordinator with recruiting duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred.
- Experience with managing an ATS System required. Experience with ATS OnDemand and Paylocity or UltiPro strongly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification or desire to obtain strongly preferred.
- Strong "spirit to serve" the needs of internal customers and the "will to excel" in area of expertise.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a very fast paced environment
- Quick learner with ability to ramp up in learning all aspects of our industries.
- Must be a team player and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office skills, and SharePoint experience strongly preferred.
- Must be focused, and willing work extended hours if needed to achieve personal, departmental, and company goals.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office environment, quiet to moderate noise level.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply.
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our online application process will be considered for employment. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! As a member of Sherman, we invite you to join our mission of Building Communities, Enriching Neighborhoods. You can make an immediate impact supporting our real estate development and management operations in hotels, residential, and retail.
Who Are We? Sherman Associates is an award-winning real estate development firm specializing in the design, construction and financing of quality commercial, hospitality, and residential housing across the Midwest. With over 40 years of visionary development experience, our portfolio includes over 8,500 units of multifamily residential housing, 600,000 square feet commercial space, and franchise hotels & retail operations; including Aloft Minneapolis, Canopy by Hilton Minneapolis Mill District, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Des Moines, Sheraton Duluth Hotel, and Starbucks.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist