Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Dorsey & Whitney
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Recruiting Manager in our Lawyer Recruiting department for our Minneapolis, Denver, or Salt Lake City office. In this role, you will manage lateral associate and staff/senior attorney hiring for assigned practice groups in all Dorsey locations, as well as direct recruitment strategy for non-partner attorney hiring. Are you interested in joining a collaborative, collegial group and growing your career in recruiting? If so, we strongly encourage you to apply for this role!
In this role, you will:
- Manage search strategies to fill lateral associate and staff/senior attorney staffing needs, including capacity analysis, internal due diligence and authorizations, as well as tactical placement of job postings to maximize qualified applicants.
- Draft attorney job postings for Dorsey.com and other external websites, as appropriate.
- Oversee the review of all attorney applications submitted through Dorsey.com and by search agencies.
- Oversee application screening and review of candidates with hiring partner(s) and/or recruiting/office administrator, manage interview scheduling, and monitor post-interview evaluations.
- Meet with attorney candidates to evaluate them and answer their questions about Dorsey’s compensation, benefits, and policies.
- Manage communications with search agents and candidates in order to promote Dorsey in a positive manner and ensure compliance with the firm’s hiring policies.
- Provide assigned recruitment interviewers with resources and training to ensure that appropriate interviewing procedures and processes are followed.
- Prepare internal equity analyses and offer proposals for review and approval by hiring partner(s) and Management.
- Negotiate offer terms with candidates and search agents on behalf of Dorsey.
- Manage pre-employment due diligence checks, including background checks, conflicts checks, and reference checks.
- Work closely with Legal Counsel and Human Resources Director and Ethics Partner on hiring issues, as necessary.
- Manage and negotiate contracts with job posting vendors.
- Manage attorney onboarding, orientation, and integration for assigned Practice Groups. Implement and monitor lateral mentoring programs.
- Keep current on trends in recruiting through professional development seminars/conferences and peer networking.
- Develop and implement new strategies and programs to attract and identify candidates.
- Communicate regularly with Director of Lawyer Recruiting, Management, Department Chairs, Office Heads and their designees to develop and update recruiting strategies and candidate profiles to accomplish office, practice group, and firm recruiting goals.
- Support the firm’s strategic initiatives and programs focused on the recruitment, development, advancement, and retention of diverse lawyers and staff at the firm in collaboration with the Diversity & Inclusion Partners, Chief Legal Talent Officer, and Diversity and Inclusion team.
- Maintain relationships with attorney hires to ensure that they have the training and resources necessary to be successful at Dorsey, and solicit feedback on recruiting, orientation, and integration processes.
- Assist as needed with on-campus interviews; summer associate program; and new associate hiring and onboarding.
- Provide management support to the Chief Legal Talent Officer for associate evaluation and compensation processes.
- Develop and manage technology-related recruiting and diversity resources to enhance success of lateral recruiting and diversity recruitment (i.e. due diligence, attorney/recruiting statistics, market data, trends, lateral movement, former prospects, alumni, recruiting website, etc.).
- Responsible for special projects and other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of legal recruiting experience, or at least 6 years of legal recruiting experience.
- Ability to negotiate individual, group, and firm-wide needs to interface successfully with multiple levels of team members (Management, partners, associates, legal support staff, and other administrative staff), including individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain highly confidentiality of information.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Strong sense of urgency and professional client service orientation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various spreadsheet, database and internet search tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong knowledge of employment law.
- JD degree or Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and related workplace issues.
- Understanding of the wide-ranging areas of law practiced by a full-service, international law firm.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorsey’s online application form. If a disability affects your ability to apply using our online system, please call 612-492-5178 to discuss reasonable accommodations in connection with your application. We are unable to accept application materials by mail or email.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners; a generous paid time off policy; retirement savings plan; profit sharing contribution; paid holidays; paid parental leave, paid volunteer day; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more! (Some benefits are subject to eligibility criteria).
The pay range for this position in Colorado only is an annual salary of $72,000 to $115,000.
To apply click Recruiting Manager