Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Dorsey & Whitney
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Recruiting Coordinator in our Lawyer Recruiting department for our Minneapolis, Denver, or Salt Lake City office. In this role, you will work closely with Recruiting Managers to coordinate and support lateral associate and staff/senior attorney recruiting for Practice Groups in all Dorsey offices. Are you highly organized and excellent at prioritizing tasks? Do you want to join a collaborative and dynamic team of professionals? If so, we strongly encourage you to apply for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Recruiting Managers in executing search strategies to fill lateral associate and staff/senior attorney staffing needs, including capacity analysis, internal due diligence and authorizations, as well as tactical placement of job postings to maximize qualified applicants.
- Assist in the review and screening of all attorney applications; manage candidate tracking through applicant tracking system and software programs.
- Collect candidate materials and other requested documentation from attorney candidates or third parties.
- Coordinate and arrange interview schedules for attorney candidates and collect all post-interview evaluations.
- Complete necessary pre-hire diligence items for attorney hires, including attorney licensure verification, professional reference checks, and processing conflict checks and background checks.
- Draft offer letters and related documents.
- Coordinate onboarding tasks and orientation schedules for attorney hires.
- Coordinate the assignment of mentors for all associate attorney hires
- Assist in tracking and monitoring lateral mentoring programs.
- Assist in creating and providing recruiting reports as requested.
- Assist as needed with on-campus interviews; summer associate program; and new associate hiring and onboarding.
- Assist as needed with coordinator support for associate evaluation and compensation processes.
- Responsible for special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- May perform other duties not listed above.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of legal recruiting experience, or at least 3 years of legal recruiting experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and sensitivity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to manage workload to meet competing demands.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various spreadsheet, database and internet search tools.
- At least 3 years of legal recruiting experience.
- Experience with viRecruit and Smartsheet.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorsey’s online application form. If a disability affects your ability to apply using our online system, please call 612-492-5178 to discuss reasonable accommodations in connection with your application. We are unable to accept application materials by mail or email.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners; a generous paid time off policy; retirement savings plan; profit sharing contribution; paid holidays; paid parental leave, paid volunteer day; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more! (Some benefits are subject to eligibility criteria).
The pay range for this position in Colorado only is $24.50 to $36.74 per hour.
To apply click Recruiting Coordinator