Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota
About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
The Talent Advisor will collaborate with internal business groups and provide full life cycle recruiting to find, attract and hire diverse, innovative talent for the company as a competitive edge to drive business success while delivering a "best in class" recruiting experience. This role will be primarily responsible for IT/data analytics recruitment. We are looking for either a Talent Advisor or Senior Talent Advisor; based on experience levels.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop a detailed understanding and awareness of the organizations talent strategy and the corporate business model as it relates to talent needs.
- Actively influence and advises hiring managers by applying knowledge of the organization and expertise of labor markets to staffing decisions.
- Develops positive relationships with hiring managers and knows how to leverage staffing expertise to optimally communicate with hiring manager.
- Champions diversity efforts and integrates those efforts into the staffing process to ensure diverse candidate slates and to eliminate bias.
- Advocates for candidates, encouraging managers to include internal candidates with transferable skills in their slates.
- Translates business imperatives into sourcing strategy that meets the current business need and drives the creation of targeted talent pipelines for anticipation of future talent needs ensuring diverse candidate pools.
- Strategic partner in data analysis related to enterprise performance (attraction, recruitment and advancement) and metrics related to BIPOC representation
- Leverages applicant tracking, online recruiting sources and social media technology tools to locate, engage, and hire prospective candidates.
- Manages and/or participates in recruiting projects dedicated to workforce planning, improving hiring processes, raising the brand presence, or related.
- Successfully source, attract BIPOC talent with a strategic focus on leadership level roles (supervisor and above).
- Be a proactive brand ambassador and participate in networking events, community initiatives, and professional associations to source new talent, develop talent benches, and build employment brand.
- Conducts phone screening of candidates.
- Enters or updates data into applicant tracking software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 3 years of full cycle talent recruiting experience or 7 years experience in lieu of a degree or equivalent military experience.
- Diversity recruitment experience
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to influence and collaborate at all levels.
- Knowledge of the local and national labor market, including current trends in employment and diversity recruiting.
- Experience in sourcing.
- Relationships with diversity organizations and/or associations.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems(preferably Workday) and social media channels.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law, compensation, diversity, EEO, Affirmative Action and ADA.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Data driven approach with ability to glean insights and recommendations from analysis and present findings in a clear, concise way.
- Exhibit a thirst for continuous learning and passion in recruiting and discovering and exploiting new candidate channels focused on building diverse candidate slates.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Make a difference
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Chartered in 1933 as Minnesota’s first health plan, this company is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world. It has more members, the largest network of doctors, and more products and services than any other health plan in Minnesota.
Headquartered in Eagan, Minnesota with offices in North Minneapolis and Virginia and retail centers in Edina, Roseville and Duluth.
To apply click Talent Advisor