Talent Acquisition Spec 1
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
$62,608 - $94,474 a year
We are the Metropolitan Council, the regional government for the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area. We plan 30 years ahead for the future of the metropolitan area and provide regional transportation, wastewater, and housing services. More information about us on our website.
The Talent Management team works in partnership with the Council's divisions to provide proactive solutions for workforce needs including recruiting, selecting and retaining great employees.
How your work would contribute to our organization and the Twin Cities region:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist 1 is an entry-level position within Talent Management, and this position is responsible for routine recruitment and selection assignments working within established recruitments. As the incumbent gains experience in Council policies, practices, specific techniques and legal requirements, recruitment will become more complex and varied. This position will also lead small HR related projects and participate on small to large HR related projects.
Starting Salary Range: $30.10 per hour to $31.66 Annualized $62,608 to $65,853
Full Salary Range: $30.10 per hour to $45.42 Annualized $62,608 to $94,474
- Primarily assists the Talent Acquisition Specialist 2 with administrative efforts associated with the bus operator recruitment and section efforts which includes testing, data entry, scheduling of appointments, answering questions, etc.
- Administer routine recruitment and selection processes according to procedures ensuring high quality candidates apply to vacancies
- Coordinates the selection process according to procedures so that they comply with relevant rules, regulations, contracts and non represented plan
- Coordinates the communication to hiring managers and applicants to assure timely, accurate information regarding their status, the position and/or the process
- Coordinates interview process to ensure procedures are followed
- Completes pre-hire steps on selected candidate to ensure salary is approved and candidate meets all requirements of the position
- Assists Talent Acquisition Specialist 2 with administrative efforts associated with their recruitment and section efforts
- Complies and follows policies, procedures, personnel law and Legal requirement compliance
A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration or closely related field AND two (2) years of related Human Resources experience
An Associate's degree AND four (4) years of related Human Resources experience
A high school diploma/GED and six (6) years or more of related Human Resources experience
- Experience with full cycle recruitment and selection
- Experience working within the public sector, government agency, public education or non-profit
- Experience with NeoGov electronic applicant tracking system
- Experience with PeopleSoft Human Resources Information System
- Outreach to cross-cultural communities
What you can expect from us:
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference and positively influence the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- We encourage our employees to develop their skills through on-site training and tuition reimbursement.
- We provide a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a good work/life balance.
The Metropolitan Council is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and veteran-friendly employer. The Council is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the region and strongly encourages persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, women, and veterans to apply. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the selection process, please call Human Resources at 651.602.1398.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Spec 1