Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
University of Minnesota Foundation
Special Notice for COVID-19
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer specialization in business, human resources, and related fields.
- Minimum six years’ experience in human resources related areas.
- Demonstrated experience sourcing and selecting exempt and non-exempt level positions.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience with recruitment and selection practices and standards, such as job advertisement, resume screening, applicant tracking and interviewing.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation with high energy and work style which positively engages others in the work of the team.
- Excellent problem solving skills, research skills, with demonstrated critical thinking ability.
- Ability to maintain confidential information; responsive to the needs of internal and external constituencies, establishing effective working relationships and responding with a sense of urgency specific audiences; customer focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required with strong customer service orientation, writing using good grammatical style and form
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with supervisors/managers, employees and candidates and network with industry colleagues.
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize support for a multi-functional work group; demonstrated ability to successfully meet deadlines; flexible, ability to adjust effectively to unexpected changes.
- Proven ability to work independently or in a team setting
About the Job
Join a thriving intellectual community that attracts curious and committed colleagues as UMF’s Talent Acquisition Manager and drive the strategy to fulfill the Foundation’s commitment to attracting, developing, and retaining an inclusive, equitable, and diverse talent pipeline. An ambassador and builder of UMF’s employer brand, the TA Manager will connect deeply within the Foundation and across the University to serve as a collaborative and trusted talent consultant. Whether recruiting the next leader, partnering with leadership to develop proactive talent solutions, or representing UMF at external recruiting events, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact within the Foundation.
Bringing a blend of strategic thinking and project management to lead day-to-day talent acquisition operations, this leader will also drive the strategy and ideation behind the work. A self-starter, motivated executor, and confident collaborator and communicator, the TA Manager will ideate and propel the Foundation’s diversity talent acquisition strategy forward and enthusiastically represent the Foundation’s brand both internally and externally.
Learn more at https://cohentaylor.com/position-profile/umf-ta-manager/
What You’ll Do
- Consult with Foundation leadership to identify strategic direction, workforce planning needs, and search opportunities, with a strong focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop and implement hiring strategies that are fair and equitable for all UMF positions and U-wide development.
- Create a variety of recruitment sources including website, online career boards, job fairs, informational interviews, referrals, social media, and other. Create regional and national strategies to heighten awareness of career opportunities for the U of M development enterprise.
- Develop and continually grow a talent pipeline of diverse and qualified candidates through constant networking, mining, and managing of candidates and referrals; analyze results and adapt strategy accordingly.
- Collect and interpret data to enhance recruitment efforts; analyze trends in the market place, identify and maintain a candidate database for on-going networking. Travel to area and regional conferences (CASE, AFP) to network and recruit potential candidates.
- Provides advice, counsel, and technical assistance on the hiring process, interviews, employment laws, and other hiring and selection related issues.
We take care of you:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, and pharmacy coverage; life insurance; retirement; long-term care insurance; and disability coverage.
- Come. Work. Stay. Play. The U of M is conveniently accessible by light rail, bus, and bike. And we offer discounted bus transportation through our “U-Pass” program.
- The University of Minnesota embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
About the Department
The University of Minnesota is driven to meet the world’s biggest challenges head-on, and the talented development staff at the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF) are essential to this effort. With the mission to connect passion with possibility, inspire generosity, and support greatness at the University of Minnesota, UMF is a key partner to one of the nation’s top public research universities. UMF is a nonprofit organization responsible for raising and managing gifts to the University of Minnesota.
How To Apply
On behalf of our client, The University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF), CohenTaylor Executive Search Services is conducting a retained search for its Talent Acquisition Manager. For more information or to apply, please contact UMF@cohentaylor.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Manager