Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
American Public Media Group
Who We Are:
The mission of American Public Media Group (APMG) is to enrich the mind and nourish the spirit, thereby enhancing the lives and expanding the perspectives of our audiences and assisting them in strengthening their communities. We aspire to be the leader in creating trusted and meaningful listening experiences with and for curious people, and we seek to create a diverse, inclusive culture focused on growth and outcomes to serve our audiences.
APMG's primary operating divisions Minnesota Public Radio, Southern California Public Radio and American Public Media offer multi-regional FM broadcast channels, website, mobile and social media channels, live events, national content creation and distribution. Together, these divisions operate 49 public radio stations and 42 translators serving regional audiences in eight states from Minnesota, Michigan and the Upper Midwest to Idaho and California; distribute a portfolio of more than twenty national programs reaching nearly 20MM listeners weekly through 1,000 radio stations; serve rapidly growing audiences on digital, social and mobile platforms; and produce an increasing and diverse array of podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, mental health, water, early brain development, business and investigative journalism.
At American Public Media Group, diversity, equity and inclusion are key components of our strategic plan. An inclusive environment is one where employees feel pride in who we are and what we do, feel welcome in our culture, and see a future with us. Our strength lies in the diversity among the broad range of people who contribute their time and talents to APMG. We have a deep belief in our commitment to create trusted and meaningful listening experiences with and for curious people and consider inclusion a foundation of organizational success. It is our aim, therefore, that our leadership team, Board of Trustees, and employees reflect and embrace these core principles.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will provide leadership and hands-on recruitment expertise for the APMG companies. Focusing on roles across the American Public Media Group portfolio, you will be working in a fast-paced and creative environment, scouting talent ranging from broadcast engineers to hosts to marketing roles to administrative positions and more. This role works in tandem with another APMG Talent Acquisition Manager, the Internship and Fellowship Program Manager and the Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) Talent Acquisition Manager to continually refine a newly centralized recruitment process, source and identify talent, build relationships and networks across key industry professional groups, and extend the employment brand of APMG through active engagement with talent in person and online via social platforms. A key liaison to hiring managers, this role executes full cycle recruiting as a shared accountability.
The Ideal Candidate
You have experience in actively seeking networking opportunities that expand and diversify talent pools. You have participated in local and national recruitment events. To this end, you are comfortable participating in career fairs and partnering with hiring managers to represent career opportunities. You will be a process-oriented partner, with excellent communication skills to champion a newly centralized recruitment process. We are looking for a high impact recruitment partner, who will develop and implement strategies, keep up with the latest sourcing tools and processes, and further build on existing and established programs around diversity and employer branding.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Perform full-cycle recruiting, including all aspects of the talent acquisition process: application and resume review, phone screens, in-person interviews, candidate tracking, and communication with candidates and hiring managers. Source candidates and drive selection methods for all levels of positions.
- Manage metrics and perform cost analysis on time to fill.
- Continuously seek and drive process improvement to meet business and diversity objectives.
- Manage talent acquisition process in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as company policies and serve as a subject matter expert on this subject for Hiring Managers.
- Participate in local and national recruitment events including NABJ, AAJA, NAHJ, etc. Be a champion for change when change is needed.
- Manage vendor relationships.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing recruitment strategies focused on diversity and inclusion to include but not be limited to race, class, gender, differing abilities, religion and sexual orientation.
- Work with Director, Diversity and Inclusion on identifying areas of bias and drive process improvement to meet business and diversity objectives.
- Lead the use of relevant and progressive sourcing strategies (i.e., networking, social media, digital tools, etc.) to actively seek out talent at all levels who embody our core values and reflect the diversity of our audiences.
- Continuously identify, and form meaningful relationships with, inclusive professional organizations with diverse memberships.
- Champion equity, inclusion, diversity and access awareness.
- Partner with internal stakeholders at all levels to create and promote programs to cultivate and develop a diverse talent pathway and support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to coach, provide expertise, support, and training on talent acquisition principles, guidelines, procedures and best practices.
- Provide guidance and data insight to help attract high performing talent.
- Partner with HR colleagues (including but not limited to D&I, payroll, compensation, benefits, and HR Business partners) to own the talent acquisition process for assigned areas of the company.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years' experience in a role with direct accountability for talent acquisition
- Demonstrated experience navigating ATS
- Demonstrated experience and competence building diverse talent pools
Required Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of effective recruiting and sourcing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to serve as strategic thought partner to Hiring Managers
- Ability and desire to work with diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to contribute and further your own cultural fluency
- Strong calendar management & scheduling skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge or understanding of the following fields: journalism, broadcast, media, and/or nonprofits a plus
- Employment branding or social media marketing experience a plus
- Familiarity with Slack, SharePoint, and LinkedIn Recruiter a plus
- Bilingual language skills a plus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Requires periodic travel by private vehicles and commercial airlines
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Manager