Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
This position is responsible for effective and core value focused delivery of HR processes within the organization, including recruiting, talent and culture engagement, performance & compensation management and policy formulation and compliance. This is a hands-on role for an experienced HR generalist with excellent leadership, relationship and coaching skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Oversee recruiting to ensure the organization follows a structured and strategic process to identify high caliber and diverse talent
- Work collaboratively with Director of Inclusion & Employee Investment on ensuring Diverse slate of candidates and hiring practices that limit bias
PEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGEMENT:
- Collaboratively develop and lead programs and policies focused on enhancing organizational culture
- Assist with the development and management of the HR Department budget
- Serve as internal consultant and coach to people managers on employee relations matters, departmental structure and leadership development
- Assist with HR needs of related entities (e.g. MV Ventures, Viking Lakes, etc.) as appropriate and needed
- Manage and create core value based employee recognition and culture building events.
- Draft employee communications on People & Culture topics and policies
- Represent the organization at league HR meetings and at recruiting venues such as career fairs and colleges/universities
PERFORMANCE AND COMPENSATION MANAGEMENT:
- Manage performance review and compensation administration processes
- Including Training of people managers on performance related best practices and education on compensation related issues
- Recommend and implement talent management and talent development approaches collaboratively with Director of Inclusion and Employee Investment
POLICY & COMPLIANCE:
- Maintaining, reviewing and creating as needed, People & Culture policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws as well as NFL league rules
- Lead or Assist in executing investigations of potential employee conduct violations as needed
- Design and implement meaningful and sustainable HR reporting processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge and experience with human resource philosophies, processes and best practices
- Thorough knowledge and experience with employment-related laws and regulations
- Extensive experience recruiting candidates in a wide range of functional roles, industries and experience levels.
- Knowledge and hands on experience includes life cycle of recruiting from the creation/updating of job descriptions through ensuring hired candidate has a successful onboarding experience
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of employees at all levels in an organization
- Growth mindset, empathy, grit, adaptability and resilience demonstrated through prior experiences
- Understands how to balance and align human resources initiatives with the day to day operations and organizational priorities and goals
- Proven track record of effectively navigating the difficult balance between employee advocacy and supporting organizational culture, values and direction
- Strong business acumen partnered with an emphasis on people and culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven track record to build trust and rapport quickly
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Results and process oriented with the ability and willingness to operate both strategically and tactically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficiency with Payroll, HRIS, Applicant tracking or talent management systems, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays and travel as required
- Minimum eight years of broad HR experience; experience in a Sports or entertainment industry is a plus
- Bachelor and/or Graduate Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Legally able to work in United States
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- This position will require sitting, standing and regular walking
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply click Director of People & Culture