Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Contract
Loram Maintenance of Way
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist – Temporary is responsible for sourcing, assessing, referring and/or selecting talent for various high-volume Operations positions throughout Loram. The position will also provide backup support processing pre-employment assessments such as reference and background checks, physicals, drug tests, and motor vehicle reports. The Talent Acquisition Specialist utilizes a basic understanding of Loram’s organizational structure and specialized functions, knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices, and uses considerable human resources skill when performing the recruiting process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and place effective advertisements and communications in accordance with recruiting plans
- Source candidates by using job service offices, job boards (i.e. LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, Monster, Craigslist, etc.), career fairs, campus recruiting, or other traditional/non-traditional means
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Build and maintain talent pools to find qualified passive candidates
- Utilize the internet, social media, direct sourcing, networking, and referral venues to market and recruit candidates
- Utilize outside recruiting firms in a cost-effective manner
Talent Assessment and Selection
- Administer the pre-employment process in a fair and equitable manner ensuring affirmative action plans are followed
- Evaluate candidate applications and resumes against position requirements, conducts interviews, and determine suitable candidates for referral to hiring manager or make the hiring decision
- Perform background reference investigation (i.e. prior employment and background references, education transcripts, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check, drug tests and physicals).
- In cases where an applicant is judged unqualified, tactfully decline applicant
- Track the results of candidate assessments, schedule interviews and update candidate statuses in the applicant tracking system.
- Administer databases, spreadsheets, online tools, and reports for recruiting and onboarding new employees.
- Administer the pre-employment process in a fair and equitable manner ensuring affirmative action plans are followed.
Reporting and Compliance
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data to ensure unemployment and wrongful discharge claims may be appropriately addressed
- Maintain the recruiting activity reports
- Utilize recruiting databases, applicant tracking systems, internet tools, and other software to perform the recruiting process
- Have knowledge of state and federal labor laws and guidelines, which includes EEO and AAP
- Impact Communication
- Ethical in Words and Actions
- Planning and Organizing
- Selecting Talent
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist