Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Contract
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to serve as a trusted advisor to the hiring managers, and support trategic objectives and business relationships. You will be responsible for interviewing, qualifying, and referring applicants to appropriate Operating Groups. Demonstrating your experienced skill in interviewing techniques, an excellent understanding of the Company's organizational structure, industry knowledge, deep understanding of personnel policy and procedure, as well as federal and state laws regarding employment practices is critical for success in this role.
You should also provide leadership to other team members by displaying resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem solving based on information and discernment. Your ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the company) is very important.
Preferred Location(s): DC, Denver, Chicago, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Seattle
What will you be doing?
- Acts as the Customer Relationship Manager for assigned requisitions
- Direct souring and recruiting for open positions
- Develop and update staffing priorities to focus on for each group
- Conduct weekly customer relationship meetings and update staffing reports
- Develop approaches to identify and source needed talent
- Open House gatherings, job fairs
- Internet Recruiting
- Recruit for the diverse talent
- Work closely with hiring managers in the development of the recruitment and selection plan and establishment of employment offers
- Negotiate and handle external resources used for recruiting (i.e. researchers, agencies, internet service companies, etc.)
- Conduct reference checks
How will you succeed?
- High quality professional level work product, a positive attitude and behavior traits, initiative and productivity are expected in this position
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Minimum of seven years recruiting/HR experience or a combination of higher education and experience
- Ability to make recommendation on hiring decisions to upper management
- Organize and prioritize work
- Show skill in using PC and other widely used software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), HRIS/database
- Demonstrate attention to detail, strong teamwork orientation, positive attitude, and professional customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, or a related field.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist